chapter thirty-eight

Mistake model-walked her way down the halls, turquoise energy charging up in both of her hands.

I tricked Ronald, she was thinking. I tricked Ronald! And she's known me since I was a small child, only 100 years old...

She smiled an EVIL VILLAIN smile.

Mistake's 60 inch heels echoed throughout the school. No other sound could be heard, it was as if the school had been abandoned.

"Come out, come wherever you little RATS are..." Mistake chanted, observing the hallways for any sign of movement.

Suddenly, a crash was heard from across the school. Scaly wings sprouted from her back and she flew towards the sound.

"WHAT WAS THAT???" she BOOMED, her voice echoing across the ENTIRE SCHOOL. "I HEARD THAT!"

"It was nothing!" a voice shouted back, then another voice whispered, "Shut up!"

"WHO WAS THAT?" Mistake turned toward the voices, "I heard you!!!"

The flapping of wings stopped and she transformed into a snake, slithering around and examining every nook and cranny.

"Hello," she hissed, seeing the people hiding

The 2 were shivering out of fear, both of them holding their hands towards their mouths.

"WHY IS EVERYONE AVOIDING ME!!!" asked Mistake calmly, "WHO TOLD YOU?? I DEMAND TO KNOW."

"W-W-W-Well—" person 1 stammered in fear.

"WHO???" shouted Mistake (calmly), turning back into a humanoid and leaning closer to them.

"Um–um–um–um— it was—"

"SHUT UP!!" whisper-shouted person 2, knowing that Mistake could still hear them.

"Why?" whispered person 1. "She's just a calm, cool, and collected person calmly asking us who told us to avoid her. And the answer is—"

"SHHH," person 2 said. Suddenly, their head dropped down.

"AHHH! ARE YOU OK PERSON 2??" screamed person 1, shaking person 2's limp body.

Person 2's head shot up, "Of course I am, bestie! We should TOTALLY tell our pretty princess, Purpose, that someone told us to evacuate the school and hide!"

"Purpose?"

Mistake waved her arms in the air, "It's clearly a code name. It's the opposite of Mistake, duh. It also has a nice ring to it... Pretty princess Purpose!"

"B-but... How does my friend know that?", they glanced at their friend, "Person 2??"

"JUST TELL THIS AMAZING PERSON WHO DID IT!!" shouted person 2, getting louder and louder each time.

"Uh– uHm..." mumbled person 1 as they slowly rose from the ground.

Suddenly, something pulled them down. They looked down and there was a demon tail, they followed the cylinder and it led all the way to Mistake.

Mistake sat there with a threatening smile, "Now... I'm NOT very patient! Tell me who told you, IMMEDIATELY."

Person 1 examined their surroundings, they noticed that person 2 had an empty and emotionless look; they were a shell of who they used to be.

"PERSON 2!! PLEASE, I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE SOMEWHERE... YOU JUST HAVE TO FIGHT HER, FIGHT THE TRANCE!!"

"What... trance...?" asked person 2 very slowly, tilting their head 90 degrees.

"Person 2!!! PLEASE, I can tell you're not the same!!!" Person 1 was nearly in tears. "Please, please, fight this trance you're in!!"

"I'm not in a trance!" person 2 said, their eyes glazed over. Mistake was mouthing the same words that person 2 was saying.

"You clearly are! Please, person 2, fight it!"

Mistake slammed her palm on the wall, barely touching person 1.

They looked behind them and noticed a giant hole in the wall.

"Aah!" they shouted, instinctively backing away from Mistake — but they couldn't because they were hiding in a small hiding spot so they couldn't move.

"Alright... THIS is your LAST and FINAL chance... TELL ME WHO IT WAS. NOW." Mistake was fuming with anger, steam flying out of her flared nostrils. (10m in diameter, so way shorter than—)

"SHH," Mistake said to the narrator.

Person 1 whispered, "Uhhh... Who are you talking to?"

"I think she's gone insane..." replied person 2.

"SHUT UP. SHUT UPP!!!!"

Mistake transformed into her final form. "You all are going to regret messing with ME... the ultra legendary super amazing mega rare never seen before long lost hybrid dragon demon wolf snake angel princess!!!!"