chapter forty-one

"Alright... THIS is your LAST and FINAL chance... TELL ME WHO IT WAS. NOW." Mistake was fuming with anger, steam flying out of her flared nostrils. (10m in diameter, so way shorter tha—)

"SHH," Mistake said to the narrator.

Person 1 whispered, "Uhhh... Who are you talking to?"

"I think she's gone insane..." replied person 2.

"SHUT UP. SHUT UPP!!!!"

Mistake transformed into her final form. "You all are going to regret messing with ME... the ultra legendary super amazing mega rare never seen before long lost hybrid dragon demon wolf snake angel princess!!!!"

-

-

-

-

-

"What's the ultra legendary super amazing mega rare never seen before long lost hybrid dragon demon wolf snake angel princess??? I've never heard of it," said person 2.

"I think it's a type of frog... We learned about it in class!" replied person 1.

"Ohh, yes, I remember something along the lines of that!"

"YOU IDIOTS!!! DO YOU WANT ME TO TURN YOU INTO FROGS?? USE YOUR HEADS."

"AHHH!! ARE YOU A RARE DR. FACILLIER FROM PRINCESS AND THE FROG??"

"NO YOU PEASANTS, I THOUGHT WE ALREADY ESTABLISHED THIS... I AM THE PRINCESS. Without the frog of course."

"Why?" person 1 asked.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN WHY? I WAS BORN BETTER THAN YOU SO I AM BETTER!!! OBVI."

"Well... why?" person 2 reiterated. "Who made you better?"

"U-uh... Myself?"

"WRONG!!" person 2 exclaimed.

"Then... What's the answer?"

"NEPOTISM!"

"PRIVILEGE!"

"ENTITLEMENT!"

"WRONG!" Mistake bellowed. "GOD MADE ME THE BEST... AND I AM THE CLOSEST PERSON TO GOD THERE IS. SO THAT MEANS I MADE MYSELF THE BEST."

"Ewww, why?" Person 1 stuck their tongue out in DISGUST. "If it were up to me, I'd make everyone equal."

"Yeah. Equality!"

"Equity!"

"Diversity!"

"Exactly! Why would you wanna be the BEST person in the world? That's so boring!"

"Dull!"

"Monotone!"

"BE QUIET YOU FOOLS!! DON'T YOU KNOW WHO YOU'RE DEALING WITH??"

"Woah! No need to get all mad... You shouldn't abuse your status to get what you want!"

"Yea! This is an unfair relationship!"

"Have you ever thought about how the other party would feel? How selfish!"

"Arrogant!"

"Egotistical!"

"Surely our princess wouldn't use her power and title to bully her loyal subjects!"

"Yup! OUR princess TOTALLY wouldn't do such a lowly thing..."

They both glanced over at Mistake, "Anyways, what were you saying?" they asked simultaneously.

"U-uhhh... I-" Mistake stuttered, she was left speechless.

Mistake calculated the worst outcomes in her head, what if her people don't think she's qualified and decide to demote her?

"Alright... I won't bother you 2 anymore, but you truly do have a way with words. Maybe I'll be merciful and hire you to work in my wonderful palace!"

"Hmmm... What about a reward instead?" person 2 asked.

"Yes yes... Of course! I'll give you cunning teens a hefty award, such as 100 gold coins!"

Person 1 and person 2 glanced at each other, both looking disgusted and unamused.

Mistake looked nervous, sweat dripping from her forehead, "O-OK UMMM.... 1000 GOLD COINS!!"

They continued to frown.

"5000 GOLD COINS... EACH!!" Mistake exclaimed.

Person 1 and person 2's eyes lit up, "DEAL!"

Mistake looked relieved, and then realized what she had just done.

"HEY WAIT!! What do I get in return?"

"We can give you clues on who the culprit is!"

They threw a crumpled piece of paper at Mistake.

Mistake picked it up and examined the paper, there was a sparkly glowing aura around it.

She then started to read the note.

GASP