chapter seventy-eight

"OK!!!" Shed paused. "Wait, I already did that."

"You did?"

"Yea, with my magic spell."

"Huh. I guess I just wasn't paying attention, but I don't believe you for some reason. I can't imagine someone as scrawny as you having the guts to take someone's life."

Shed stomped and circled his arms 360 degrees and counterclockwise. "WE WERE LITERALLY JUST IN BATTLE A FEW SECONDS AGO, YOU SAW ME KILL EVERYONE, INCLUDING YOU!! Well, you would be dead if you weren't some weird angel demon thing."

Mistake rolled her eyes. "Well, you didn't do it CORRECTLY. I just assumed you were too scared to actually kill people and did some sleeping spells instead."

Shed gestured at the dead bodies piled around them. "Check the others! Not Ronald, but the others! They're all dead!"

"YOU JUST SUCK AT MAGIC. YOU CAN'T MAKE ERRORS WHILE TRYING TO KILL SOMEONE, THAT'S JUST CALLED LEAVING LOOSE ENDS AND BEING SLOPPY!" Mistake massaged her bellybutton. "I knew I shouldn't have recruited you on my team... I need someone COMPETENT!"

Shed started crying like George Pig. "You don't like me??" he wailed.

"I'd like you if you were useful. However, that doesn't seem to apply to you. To answer your question, yes, I don't like you."

Shed gasped. "B-b-b-but... EVERYONE likes me! I'm Shed Eeeeeeeeeeran!" His bottom lip trembled. "Or was it a lie? Does no one like me?"

"Yes, it was a lie, and no one likes you."

"NO! BECAUSE YOUR SISTER, RONALD, LIKED ME AT ONE POINT RIGHT??? SHE ONLY STOPPED BECAUSE I WAS IN LOVE WITH YOU!!"

Mistake put on her most nerd voice. "Erm, actually, Shed, did you hear what I even said? I said no one LIKES you, present tense. As in, no one currently likes you. That may have been different in the past, and may be different in the future, but as of right now, no one likes you."

"I... Do I have no friends? I never thought about it before... I HAVE NO FRIENDS!!!!" Shed began crying even harder than before, snot coming out of his ears and tears coming out of his armpits. He collapsed to the ground, clenching his fists and punching the ground. "O CRUEL WORLD! HOW DARE YOU TREAT ME LIKE THIS! I DO ALL I CAN TO MAKE MYSELF WORTHWHILE, AND IN RETURN YOU KICK ME TO THE GROUND AND LAUGH AS I STRUGGLE TO GET BACK UP!!"

"You're on the ground because you started crying so hard, not because the sky itself kicked you over," Mistake pointed out.

"SHUT UP MISTAKE!! I'm gonna get as FAR AWAY FROM YOU as possible. That means OUT OF THIS DUMB SCHOOL THINGY BECAUSE I FORGOT WHERE WE WERE!!!!"