chapter eighty-five

Mistake glanced around, trying to read everyone's faces, until she focused on Gerry. "Ummm... Mr. Gerry... Do you have any weird and undiscovered kinks??"

"What? No, what makes you think that? I don't have UNDISCOVERED kinks! They've all been discovered already! By me!"

"Then, that's a weird thing to ask from a minor..."

Gerry shook his head. "Stop pulling out the minor card Mistake, we all know you're 87 years old and you just failed school like 9172949483 times."

Mistake GASPED. "HOW DID YOU FIND OUT???"

"I was in school with you..."

On Purpose ohh'd, "Ohhhh... That's why your high school transcripts were so weird."

"HEY! WHAT DO YOU MEAN?"

"🤭"

Shed clapped his hands. "Guys, do you think we can revive David, Ebony, and Ronald? I feel kind of guilty for killing them now..."

"How would we even do that???"

"WELL, I'M LIKE THE LEAST POWERFUL ONE HERE RIGHT NOW. SOCIALLY, POLITICALLY, AND GENERALLY. I'm just HOPING one of you has some kind of revival ability."

"Well... I do," said Mistake, "but why should I use it?"

"Because it's OUR FRIENDS who are dead."

"They're not my friends if they betrayed me~"

On Purpose placed her hand on Mistake's shoulder. "Please help my students... Do this for me, sister."

Mistake began to turn red, like the hit Pixar(?) movie called Turning Red. "YOU left me for dead. I had to live in such a HORRIBLE household and you never helped me. You even KNEW I was your sister and allowed the abuse to continue. Aren't you from another universe, meaning you have knowledge about the entire family situation??"

"Well, it's another universe, so it's a bit different... YOU'RE different because MY sister always had an older sibling and a supportive family, until she got assassinated... I came here to look for her; for you!"

Mr. Maid gasped, "What..."

"So... I'm just a replacement? You don't love me, you just love the THOUGHT of me..."

"NO NO NO!! MISTAKE, YOU'RE ONE OF A KIND. I CAN NEVER COMPARE YOU TO THE OTHER YOUNGER SISTERS I'VE HAD!"

Mistake clenched her jaw. "What do you mean by other younger sisters... HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU DONE THIS???"

"...Do you really want to hear the answer to that?"

"I NEED TO KNOW. How many times have you MANIPULATED me?? How many times have you betrayed me and allowed me to get hurt??"

"MISTAKE." On Purpose shouted, "Have you ever thought about how many times I've had to see you die? I've seen your lifeless body lay in front of me ONE THOUSAND EIGHT HUNDRED TWENTY SEVEN WHOLE TIMES."

Mistake's jaw dropped. Tears started to form in her widened eyes and she fell to her knees. "One thousand, eight hundred, and twenty-seven..." she said. "That's how many seconds are in 30 and a half minutes..."

"Now that you know, you're going to exile me and ruin the entire world by blowing up everyone and everything. I now have no choice but to make that number one thousand eight hundred twenty-eight..."

Mr. Maid stepped in front of Mistake. "Now WAIT A MINUTE. You guys are sisters, you shouldn't be upset over such minor things! (Also, do I get with WhiteBoy or Shed in any of the universes?)"

"Uhhh... No to that last part!"

"DAMN. That sucks. But anyway... YOU CAN'T DESTROY THIS UNIVERSE ON PURPOSE, ON PURPOSE. I NEED THIS LIFE! IT'S PROBABLY THE ONLY ONE WHERE I'M NOT DEAD!!!!"

"Well, you're correct about that last sentence..."

Simon stepped in. "I agree. I've built up an empire of teenage boy bands, you can't stop me! I'm on a roll!!"

"Oh yea, Simon, I couldn't recognise you without the real fur coat and the pure diamond and gold jewellery. AKA. Things you had in EVERY universe but this one."

"WHAT??? WHOA, YEAH, KILL THIS UNIVERSE!! I WANT PURE DIAMOND AND GOLD JEWELLERY!!"

Gerry punched Simon in the face. "YOU DUMMY. IN OTHER UNIVERSE, YOU WON'T REMEMBER THIS VERSION OF YOURSELF! WE COEXIST, NOT TRANSFER."

"S-so... No bling bling? 🥺💔"

"Yes, no bling bling."