chapter forty

"Mistake is..."

"DEAD? YES, FINALLY!!!"

"NO! She's...

"SPIT IT OUT ALREADY YOU BRAT!!"

"She's the princess..."

BAM

The door slammed shut.

-

-

-

-

-

Barbara rushed towards the door, swinging it open desperately and frantically trying to find her daughter.

"Mistake!" she called. "MISTAKE!!!"

She paused. "I really shouldn't have named her that... now I'm going to be embarrassed when I find her. Passerbys will JUDGE me for naming my child Mistake." She paused again. "Oh yeah, I didn't name her. She's not my bio kid. Ooopsies i forgot."

Ronald felt her heart break, she had just left her mother, yet Barbara wasn't even worried about her. "All she ever cared about was money and status..."

She resisted the urge to look back on her old house, all her memories, and her entire life.

Suddenly, she heard footsteps getting faster and closing to her. Hopeful, she turned around and saw Barbara running towards her.

"MOM!! I KNEW IT! YOU TRULY LOVED ME!!" shouted Ronald, she couldn't help it and burst into tears.

"What? No. I was just going to ask if you knew where Mistake was?"

Ronald looked up and sucked up her snot, "Nevermind...." She turned around dejectedly and started walking away. "She really never truly cared..."

"TRUEEE," she heard her mother say. "I NEVER CARED ABOUT YOU!! I always ACTUALLY loved Mistake. She's always been my favourite child! Because she's the ULTRA LEGENDARY SUPER AMAZING MEGA RARE NEVER SEEN BEFORE LONG LOST HYBRID DRAGON DEMON WOLF SNAKE ANGEL PRINCESS!!!!!!!!"

"THEN WHY DID YOU ALWAYS TREAT ME LIKE YOUR FAVOURITE!! IF YOU KNEW SHE WAS THE ULTRA LEGENDARY SUPER AMAZING MEGA RARE NEVER SEEN BEFORE LONG LOST HYBRID DRAGON DEMON WOLF SNAKE ANGEL PRINCESS, WHY DID YOU TREAT ME BETTER..."

"I don't know what you're talking about, I always treated Mistake just as well as you! In fact, I treated her even BETTER than you."

"YOU'RE GASLIGHTING ME??? Mother... I'll report you to the police for child abuse and mistreatment if you don't tell me."

"What's gaslighting? I've never heard of it; you're crazy... and the police won't do anything! I'm besties with some of them so they'll be ok with it :)"

"Didn't you say a few minutes ago that you thought I was the princess?"

"No..."

"I have it on tape." She clicked the button and started playing the recording.

"Honey... I only liked you because I thought YOU'D be the princess."

"Now... Would you like to explain yourself?" asked Ronald, she smiled from ear to ear.

"PHOTOSHOP! FAKE A.I. VIDEO! DEEPFAKE!!! I can't believe you'd DO this to me!" Barbara fretted, "I'LL REPORT YOU TO THE POLICE!"

"I thought you said the police wouldn't do anything?"

Barbara looked around, her eyes showing how nervous she was. 

"A-alright... I'll tell you the story."