chapter forty-nine

Ronald, David, and Shed snuck back into school, looking for any sign of the EVIL one.

"Hey umm guys, what if you just have a really bad memory and it wasn't ACTUALLY my sister?"

Shed turned to face Ronald, "Are you really doubting me after you came ALL this way?"

"Yes."

David paused. "Ronald... I thought you actually wanted to help save the world, were you actually trying to sabotage the HEROES?? WE ARE TRYING TO SAVE THOSE INNOCENT LIVES!!!"

"NO ITS JUST... I'M WORRIED! WHAT IF MY SISTER IS JUST BEING MANIPULATED... OR IF THIS IS ALL SOME BAD RUMOUR!"

"BUT WE'RE LITERALLY ABOUT TO KILL HER, YOU CAN'T BE HAVING SECOND THOUGHTS NOW."

"YES I CAN!" Ronald shouted back, "Don't you just think this is a bit selfish and judgemental? Like, what if this Mistake is different from YOUR Mistake?"

"No."

"Why? I mean, it's a whole other universe we're dealing with!"

"Well, yeah, but..." Shed thought about how to word what he was going to say. "The multiverse exists, but people don't change much across it. Like, some details will change, but the fundamental PERSON is the same."

"But how would you know? Have you done this before??"

"A couple of times, and I've seen my cold dead body drop. Every. Single. Time."

"Was it always Mistake?" David asked.

"Well I THOUGHT it was you... Only in THIS world, I was informed that it wasn't."

Everyone turned to David. "Wait, does this mean that the other Davids ACTUALLY were the murderers of you? It wasn't Mistake?" Ronald asked.

"No, in EVERY WORLD Mistake always became the corrupt dictator she is now... There was no way to prevent it. I tried giving her attention and recognition, becoming her childhood best friend, DATING her, and even stopping the king's murder. But NOTHING could stop it."

Everyone gasped.

"MISTAKE IS ALWAYS BAD??" Ronald said. She thought back on all the times she felt guilty for bullying her. She no longer felt guilty for bullying Mistake.

"Actually..." Shed thought, "There's one thing I haven't tried. In every single universe, Ronald McDonald was ALWAYS bullying Mistake."

"Well that's OBVIOUS! I assume my hatred for my sister would carry on into different worlds."

"No! My point is that I think the main reason Mistake became a dictator is because... you bullied her."

"YOU EXPECT ME TO BE *BARF* NICE???" Ronald exclaimed, "I KNOW I'M HAVING A WHOLE REDEMPTION ARC AND I WAS BESTIES WITH HER FOR LIKE AN HOUR, BUT LIKE... MISTAKE IS A MISTAKE!"

"Wow... that wording... so original..."

"Thank you, thank you," Ronald beamed.

"GUYS!! WE NEED TO KILL HER, NOW." Shed whipped his arm outward, knocking over a vase. The porcelain crashed into the floor.

"Wow... You guys are so stealthy." Ronald stated, sarcastically.