chapter eighty-one

Previously...

Shed gasped. "B-b-b-but... EVERYONE likes me! I'm Shed Eeeeeeeeeeran!" His bottom lip trembled. "Or was it a lie? Does no one like me?"

"Yes, it was a lie, and no one likes you."

"NO! BECAUSE YOUR SISTER, RONALD, LIKED ME AT ONE POINT RIGHT??? SHE ONLY STOPPED BECAUSE I WAS IN LOVE WITH YOU!!"

Mistake put on her most nerd voice. "Erm, actually, Shed, did you hear what I even said? I said no one LIKES you, present tense. As in, no one currently likes you. That may have been different in the past, and may be different in the future, but as of right now, no one likes you."

"I... Do I have no friends? I never thought about it before... I HAVE NO FRIENDS!!!!" Shed began crying even harder than before, snot coming out of his ears and tears coming out of his armpits. He collapsed to the ground, clenching his fists and punching the ground. "O CRUEL WORLD! HOW DARE YOU TREAT ME LIKE THIS! I DO ALL I CAN TO MAKE MYSELF WORTHWHILE, AND IN RETURN YOU KICK ME TO THE GROUND AND LAUGH AS I STRUGGLE TO GET BACK UP!!"

"You're on the ground because you started crying so hard, not because the sky itself kicked you over," Mistake pointed out.

"SHUT UP MISTAKE!! I'm gonna get as FAR AWAY FROM YOU as possible. That means OUT OF THIS DUMB SCHOOL THINGY BECAUSE I FORGOT WHERE WE WERE!!!!"

-
-
-

Present Time

Mistake kissed her fingers and smothered them all over Ronald's, David's, and Shed's face. "Farewell lads... Until we meet again."

"COME ON MISTAKE!" Shed began to push Mistake out of the school.

"ALRIGHT! ALRIGHT! I'M COMING! In more ways than one..."

The two began walking down the 16 flights of stairs and opened up the front doors. They both squinted from the burning summer sun shining on their nocturnal vision spheres.

"Mistake... I'm so glad we were able to bond so much. I feel so much closer to you than before... Do you like me more than WhiteBoy now? Have I finally won a position as your worthy boyfriend? There's not much competition now!!!"

Suddenly, Shed felt a silky smooth and petit hand caress his waist.

"Ooh~ Mistake! I know we just established our relationship, but we're not THERE yet!!!!! I'M NOT READY FOR THE THING!!! I'M A MINOR!!!" Shed squealed.

Mistake paused. "What? Have you gone insane? I know we had a whole battle in there, but it certainly wasn't enough to give you brain damage."

"E-excuse me? I literally just felt you trace the line of my back with your soft finger. It'll be PRETTY HARD to imagine such a real feeling. I SWEAR I FELT IT."

"Maybe it wasn't me, maybe you're being haunted by the souls of the people you murdered!"

"THEN WHY AREN'T YOU BEING HAUNTED. SURELY, YOU KILLED MORE PEOPLE THAN ME."

"Yea, but my mind is STRONG and therefore I don't dwell on the people I've killed."

Shed felt a deep and hot puff of air on his neck.

"AHHHH!! IT HAPPENED AGAIN."

"See? How could I have done it if I've been standing by your side all along! I told you, you're being haunted!"

A voice emerged from the sky above.

"OoooooOOOOooOhhHh~"

Shed jumped into Mistake's muscular arms.

"COME ON MISTAKE, THIS ISN'T FUNNY!"

"Shed Eeeeeeeeeeran, this is vastly unlike you!"

A figure appeared next to Shed and Mistake. They both directed their eyes downwards, trying to not make eye contact with such an intimidating ghost. Suddenly, they saw a massive puddle of blood pooling on the floor.

"Hey, beautiful."

Shed clenched his fists and grinded his teeth. "You," he said.

"Me," the figure said. "Whiteboy Overrated."

"HAH! WHITEBOY??? I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU IN AGES! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?? GIVE US UPDATES." Mistake began fluttering her eyelashes like a little cutie patootie.

Shed blocked Whiteboy from getting any closer. "Whiteboy. You're a bit late! I already put a leash on Mistake, you'll have to find a new pet!"

Mistake shoved Shed aside. "Excuse me? What did you just say. Can you repeat that for me?"

"Uhhh... Hehehe! I was just BRAGGING about how happy I am to be with you!"

"And that gives you permission to imply that you own me?? No. Correct your mistakes. NOW."

WhiteBoy began to laugh maniacally, "AHAHAHA!!! I SEE THAT YOU'RE WITH HER, BUT NOW I KNOW WHY YOU NEVER SPECIFIED WHAT TYPE OF RELATIONSHIP YOU GUYS HAD!"

Shed blushed intensely, becoming a bright red tomato. "H-HEY! AT LEAST I HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH HER!"

WhiteBoy leaned into Shed and whispered, "Being her friend is SO MANY steps ahead of being her servant."

"I'M NOT HER SERVANT!"

"Well, it definitely seems like it!"

Mistake gently placed her hands on shoulders. "Come on, boys! No need to fight, you'll have to earn your place in my heart. No matter where you start out, you always have a chance to become my boyfriend!"

Both of them drooled at the thought of being with Mistake, creating a communal puddle of saliva on the school floor.

"BOYS!" Mistake clapped her hands. "LET'S GO FIND MY DAD or the king..."

Whiteboy muttered, "For approval I assume?"

Shed whipped his head to Whiteboy and his eyes lit up. He turned to face Mistake and said, "FOR APPROVAL I ASSUME??"

"What? That's a dumb idea since you don't even have the guts to stand up for yourself. Your rightful place is being my servant, nothing more. Could be less though!"

Shed began choking on his words, "U-U-UHH WE-WELL... IT WAS WHI-WHITEBOY'S IDEA!!!"

"Oh really? Well then, Whiteboy, good idea! We can find my dad and ask him for approval on our marriage."

Whiteboy straightened his posture, as should the reader, and felt proud.

Mistake linked arms with him. "Whiteboy... No wait, my fiance, what type of ring are you getting for me?"

"Whatever you desire my dear!"

Mistake smirked. "See Shed? WHITEBOY knows the right things to say, like a good boyfriend would. This is why you're stuck down there, your incompetence sabotaged you." 

Shed collapsed to the floor, the last few words hitting him hard. "I... ruined myself?"