Chapter 3: High School Highs And Lows

Cedar Creek High School, Tannon Rd, Bushwah, Kansas...

         Hell on earth had been the only way Dean Hudson could think to describe Cedar Creek High School every time he had to make the trek through those long and winding dust and musk-filled corridors. He had not been looking forward to it even as the sweaty leather seat on the bus began to make him wish he had walked to the place instead. He had chosen to sit in the back of the bus, and at the nearest window hoping to avoid having to speak with people given his social anxiety and all-around awkwardness. Most of the kids tended to ignore him, some gave him dirty looks and others had been a bit afraid of him as he passed. It hurt in some ways not to have anyone want anything to do with him as much as it had when he'd been home with both his parents who always had other priorities than him. With a slight sigh, he made his way back to the seat and stared out the window watching the world pass him by during the ride.

The world outside the bus had been smaller than he had imagined given how often he'd seen the long winding road go through open grass fields and clusters of houses near dilapidated brick buildings and remnants of old shops. Bushwah had been something of a dead town and everyone still living in it had known it in some way shape or form.

None had been more disillusioned with its "charms" than Dean as he dreamed of seeing what was beyond the usual horizons of the familiar dead town and possibly finding something more to life than being the town punching bag. As the bus began to get closer to the school, a feeling of dread returned as Dean prepared himself for the new forms of abuse the three jock bastards would put him through as if dunking his head in a toilet and choking him out in the shower during gym had not been enough torment for the week.

It didn't take long for Dean to spot them, Trent had been the tallest of the three with messy dark brown hair and beady black eyes that only seemed to illustrate just how demented he could be whenever he'd been in his cruel element and doing his best to hurt Dean at every turn. The already anxious lad had attempted to prolong the inevitable, mostly by getting off the bus last as Trent anxiously awaited his exit.

What no one else had known about their seeming un-ending feud was that Trent Mahoney had been seemingly obsessed with Dean Hudson ever since the strange weekend that his friends had been out of town and Dean had been elected to tutor him in literature or he'd be kicked off the basketball team due to his failing grade. Trent had been all kinds of pathetic when it came to his fear of his old man, Skip Mahoney, a legendary ball player in his own right, finding out he would be cut from the team due to his poor grades in English Lit.

Skip had always been about making the grades, getting the points, and getting the girls, and put a good deal of pressure on his eldest son Trent to follow in his footsteps. What Skip and everyone else in Bushwah had not known was that Trent had not liked being the man his father wanted him to be, his interests had far different directions than what he pretended them to be in the light of day.

Trent had been a drama major and loved acting and dancing, a far contrast to his basketball jock persona, and as a result, tried to compensate for his sensitive side by being the neighborhood jackass his father wanted him to be. Dean had been elected to keep the golden boy on the right path due to championship contention and as a result, he'd been forced to endure Trent's company even with the constant bullying.

Shawn and Derrick had simply been flunkies of Trent and along for the ride no matter what he had in store for Dean. More often than not they would find time to make Dean's life a living hell on their own time as well. He had finally made his way off the bus after everyone else had filed out, the bus driver, although a gruff and ultimately silent man gave him something of a sympathetic look as he cleared the last step.

"Well if it isn't Dena," said Trent Mahoney with a rather sinister look on his face. "Took you long enough to get off the bus cumslut."

Dean rolled his eyes and attempted to continue to make his way toward the main building, he had done his best not to be late to class this time around but it seemed Trent and his cronies had other ideas. Shawn grabbed Dean's bag and attempted to pull him backward getting a good laugh at Dean's attempt to press on despite their cruel intentions.

Derrick tripped Dean and shoved him onto the ground just as Trent gave the order to grab him and they hauled the struggling blond lad off toward the metal bleachers far from the watchful eyes of the staff and the other students. If anyone had taken notice of the three-on-one assault they had not made any move to acknowledge it as Dean found himself dragged away.

He winced in pain once he landed in the dirt behind the bleachers as Derrick and Shawn kicked him in the stomach, back, and ass respectively. He coughed and howled in pain as he attempted to roll out of the way only for Trent to tower above him glaring with menacing eyes.

He had hated Dean Hudson for so long and seeing him helpless and beaten had been apparently what he lived for. Trent turned his attention to his friends and smirked.

"Go play lookout, I think Dena and I need to have a little chat," said Trent sending off both Shawn and Derrick to keep anyone else from coming anywhere toward them.

"I got something for you, Dena," said Trent turning his wicked gaze onto the already pained and cowering blond lad as he attempted to roll away to safety.

The larger brute punched Dean in the stomach and held him down by sitting on his chest as he raised his shirt and found himself grinning as he pinched the screaming younger blond lad's nipples noting his small breasts due to his mild case of gynomastia.

White hot tears streamed down Dean's pale cheeks as he attempted to get away only for Trent to punch him again and make him gasp for breath.

"I knew you were an A cup Dena," said Trent with a wicked grin.

Dean had wanted nothing more than to be sitting in class and listening to his teacher drum on and on about the most boring lesson plan in existence but that wasn't going to happen today, not if Trent Mahoney had anything to say about it.