Chapter 42: Bitter Brotherly Bonds

110 E. Park Ave, The Park Cafe Outskirts, Baltiney, New York...

Blue eyes had been heavily concentrating on the ticking hands of a silver watch as a lone Malcolm Reeves had given it a good deal of his attention as he awaited the arrival of a man he had not seen in quite some time. The fallout between Malcolm and the new version of his former best friend Ryker had been dramatic, to say the least, and more than a little sorrowful. Malcolm had been repulsed by the idea of Ken taking Ryker's place and making a mockery of who the man used to be with his brazen antics, alcoholism, underhanded business dealings, horrid and continuous drug use, and unchecked sexual exploits. The most detrimental being his pursuit of the young lass, Valencia Ramos.

A girl that Ryker himself had managed to rescue during the most horrific time in his life.

Malcolm had been firmly against the likes of Ken bedding her and he had ignored his warnings about no good coming of it. He had been right in the end, as his warnings to Ken and Valencia had gone ignored until the inevitable occurred, now they had been dealing with the fallout, Valencia had been pregnant and the consequences couldn't have been more dire.

The sight of a rather pitiful-looking Ken Ryker had been nothing at all what Malcolm Reeves expected when the sloppily dressed businessman with wild hair and seemingly wild eyes came slinking up to him. The man Malcolm had known as Ryker Kennison had changed drastically since the last time he'd seen him and not at all for the better if the bags under his dark eyes and untamed makings of facial hair had been any indication.

"Well look what the cat dragged in," said Malcolm trying his best not to let his concern and annoyance get the better of him in the moment.

Ken stopped in front of his best friend, towering over him by a good three inches as far as his impressive height had been concerned.

"Can I help it if you've caught me at a bad time?" asked Ken with an arched brow.

"So Valencia is pregnant," said Malcolm getting to the point of their meeting.

"Her idea, not mine," replied Ken as he stood, his baggy suit slacks wrinkled and his hands tucked firmly into his front pockets.

"You're the one that insisted on sticking your dick where it didn't belong in the first place or need I remind you the reason we parted company?" asked Malcolm.

"What do you want from me, Malc?" asked Ken with an exhausted expression filed across his face. "You want me to admit that I fucked up, well I fucked up, ya happy now, I know you got a soft spot for Val and you still see her as some kid we supposedly pulled out of a broken up plane but she's all woman and I couldn't help myself, she wasn't exactly innocent in wanting me to fuck her either, in fact, she regularly saw to it."

Malcolm rolled his eyes trying his hardest not to picture what went on between Ken and Valencia. He had a hard enough time dealing with the fact that she was pregnant with his best friend being the father of her unborn child as it was.

"I couldn't help it okay, she was begging for me to fuck her and saw no reason not to so I did, you didn't approve, but it's not like I can go back and change it now, no matter how much we'd both like to." continued Ken in his own defense.

Malcolm sighed knowing all too well how their not being able to change the past had been true for them all.

"Since you got her into this mess, you have little to no choice about making an honest woman of her," said Malcolm coming to his senses. "You're going to have to marry her and legitimize the baby."