Chapter 34: Just For Kicks

Open Road, Baltiney, New York...

       The roar of the engine in Ken's sports car had been a nice change of pace from the silence and isolation of having been in the motel room for quite some time as Ken turned his attention to adjusting the radio. He had put the top down due to it being such a warm and clear day. Dean could feel the wind in his hair. The lad had taken note of Ken's taste in music, which had included a series of old rock tunes and a few pop hits from the 80s. Ken had seemed to favor the artists Prince and The Eagles the most whenever they'd been listening to music and Prince's Dirty Mind had been blasting quite loudly as they continued their ride along the highway. Dean had appreciated the odd way the beat seemed to drum into him as the seat vibrated in the wake of it moving through them. He had guessed that Ken was a big fan of bass and drums when it came to his musical choices, especially in his sports car.

Listening to the Dirty Mind lyrics Dean had gotten an idea that Ken had meant them for him as he tried his best to keep from smirking as he looked out the window at the world that they had passed by. He saw rows of nice-looking houses and many cars with elegant styles as he sat patiently awaiting which restaurant or diner Ken had elected to take him to.

"You know how to drive?" asked Ken suddenly breaking through the music as the song continued in the background.

Dean turned to face him more than a little embarrassed that he had not known much about driving due to the lack of funds where he had been raised. He had lived in a trailer park for much of his life until he'd been kidnapped and subjected to being a sex toy for strange rich men.

"N-No," he replied feeling the weight of humiliation once more.

Ken arched a brow at this and sighed.

"Alright, we'll see if we can rectify that," he replied turning his attention back to the road as he drove his sports car with relative ease.

The song had been turned back up as Ken whipped the car around a corner and took them down a main street letting Dean get a good look at not only his prospective locations for their meal but how smoothly he drove for future reference.

Dean resisted the urge to laugh when Ken began to sing along with the track as he continued their drive. He had known that Ken had sex on his brain twenty-four-seven but he had underestimated just how terrible he'd been when expressing it.

"Whenever I'm around you baby, I get a dirty mind....doesn't matter....where we are...doesn't matter who's around...doesn't matter I just wanna lay you down..." sang Ken along with the music as he continued to navigate the traffic. "I may not be your kind of man, I may not be your style but honey all I wanna do is just love for a little while."

Dean's cheeks turned red as he attempted not to look at Ken and focus on the outside world around the car. He had been rather shameless when it came to his expressions of being obsessed with sex and while it might have made most people and even Dean beforehand uncomfortable, he had appreciated Ken's rather bold honesty.

"What are you hungry for?" asked Ken turning his attention back to Dean as they waited at a stop light to continue their drive.

"I'm not sure, whatever you want to pick is fine," replied Dean.

Ken's ears perked as he noted for the first time how timid Dean had been when speaking. He had all the voice cracks of a young man his age and he was uncertain when expressing himself to boot. It had occurred to Ken that Dean had been more or less capable of expressing himself when it came to sex mostly because he had little to no choice in the matter. His relative safety had depended on him being able to assert himself when it came to something so intimate with strangers but personal matters left him little more than a timid boy when the situation arose.