Chapter 74: The Consonant Professional

Kennison Unlimited Towers, Financial District, Baltiney, New York...

       The blue eyes of Dean Hudson had been fixated upon the massive steel tower in the center of the financial district of Baltiney, New York which had the words Kennison written in fancy lettering on the side of the building. He had been impressed that Ken was the founder of Kennison Unlimited, Co-founding the rather extensive and lucrative Fortune Five Hundred company with his father Coleman Kennsion from the ground up. He'd been strangely silent as he pulled into his usual spot, his mind hyper-focused on the task at hand as he parked and turned to have a look at Dean Hudson.

While Dean had known Ken had deep pockets as far as his money had been concerned he had no idea that he'd been this successful when it came to his business dealings.

"This is my company, the one I want back in," Ken explained to a bewildered-looking Dean. "The only way to do that is to keep things professional and survive the dinner my mother has planned, now I don't know exactly what Pop is up to and I bet he wants to feel you out beforehand but don't you go volunteering any information about either one of us or why you're with me....if he asks you're an intern I sent for from...what's that place you say you're from again..."

"Kansas..." replied Dean rather quietly.

"Kansas, right...if neither one of us screws this up I'll be back in my office full-time by this time tomorrow and you'll have that job I promised you," said Ken evenly. "Just gotta get through today and we can both get back to our lives."

Dean nodded liking the sound of that. Although he'd been nervous, he resisted the urge to reach for Ken's hand which had been quite close to him.

"If anyone asks you're my new personal assistant." Ken reminded the lad who nodded once more as a show of understanding.

The older man met Dean's rather sorrowful and curious blue eyes for the first time since they had awoken that morning.

"Look I know I've been stressed if you wanna call it that, but this means a lot to me kid, and if we get through this I promise I'll make it up to you," he said before clicking out of his seatbelt and opening his car door. "We just gotta get through this."

Dean sighed collecting himself despite his disappointment that Ken remained distant from him but the promise to get things back to the way they were once this ordeal had concluded was all he needed.

He unbuckled his seatbelt and slowly got out of the passenger seat of Ken's sports car.

They moved out of the parking garage and toward the elevators where Ken pressed in the code and floor before stepping inside and motioning for Dean to do the same.

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

The Main Lobby, Kennison Unlimited Towers, Financial District, Baltiney, New York...

The moment Ken and Dean reached the lobby of the building and proceeded toward the main elevator, the receptionist had taken notice of them with a rather curious expression as she looked over Dean for a few seconds then shifted her rather scrutinous gaze toward her boss. She had specific orders from Coleman Kennison to let him know the moment his eldest son Ryker had been in the building. As she looked upon the rather neat-looking man, she seemed to have been taken aback by how he'd been more like the founder of the place than he had been in recent years since his car accident.

"Mr. Kennison, it's good to see you sir." said the receptionist. "And you too young man."

Ken nodded politely in her direction and headed for the elevator with Dean scrambling behind him still quite nervous about the events that had been yet to transpire. Already he longed to be back within the confines of Ken's estate with the older man off his meds the both of them out of the view of the prying public.