Chapter 90: Some Wonders Never Cease

The Parking Lot, The Ramos Residence, Flex Court Ave, Baltiney, New York...

         A long deep breath had been just what the doctor ordered as Ken Ryker found himself sitting in the driver's seat of his sports car with an equally nervous and pregnant Valencia Ramos sitting beside him in the passenger seat. She had been dressed quite formally and his gray suit had been enough with the distinct lack of wrinkles and heavy polish on his black dress shoes. He had not wanted to endure this little venture in the first place given the history her family had with him according to what Malcolm had told him about The Ramos family but with Valencia now confirmed to be pregnant even to his own family, he had little to no choice in the matter. He gripped the steering wheel as Dean Hudson once more came to mind as he had left him asleep following their morning romp and made his way to see the mother of his unborn child, who had gathered quite a bit of dangerous information regarding their association.

Ken had known better than to underestimate Valencia and as a result, fully committed to the idea that he'd be wed to her. She had given him her expressed permission to continue his association with Dean only due to his special circumstances but she wasn't to ever be denied no matter how he felt about it. Taking that all into consideration, Ken wanted more than anything to loosen his tie. He had not recalled much about his previous association with The Ramos family aside from Valencia being at the hospital and the widespread concern and disapproval. Now here he was in the parking lot just outside their home trying to fathom how he'd managed to get himself into such a reoccurring mess.

"It'll be okay, Ken," said Valencia placing a hand on his thigh as they sat in the car gathering their thoughts. "Let me do the talking and try not to get upset."

Ken nodded content to follow her lead as it were.

Valencia had phoned her mother before leaving her apartment to inform her of the engagement so that she'd be able to brace herself and possibly help smooth things over for the rest of the family which consisted of Valencia's father Hector Ramos, her younger brothers, and her little sister as well as a few aunts and uncles.

It had still been a daunting task for Ken given his disdain for family gatherings. He managed to keep his cool this time around after popping a dose from his meds and adhering to Valencia's judgment when it came to how best to approach the subject of their upcoming marriage and the new baby.

Slowly, Valencia and Ken exited the car after turning off the engine and he put the keys into his pocket. He didn't say a word as the pills began to take effect. Valencia moved toward him holding his hand as they rounded the front of the car and cleared it before approaching the front door.

It was Sylvia Ramos, Valencia's ever-caring mother, who had opened the front door to greet them although her expression had more to do with shock than disgust at the two of them being together unlike her husband Hector who'd been pouting in the kitchen.

"It's good to see you doing so well," said Sylvia greeting her daughter and kissing her on the cheek as she noted the glow that she carried about her. "It's also nice to see you too, Ryker."

Ken nodded in her direction although he knew it had been further from the truth as far as anyone else had been concerned. He leaned down and kissed Mrs. Ramos on the cheek in greeting as he would his mother despite his age. Valencia stepped inside and greeted her father in the kitchen as Ken entered the house behind her immediately drawing her father's ire upon notice.

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

The Living Room, The Ramos Residence, Flex Court Ave, Baltiney, New York...