Chapter 17: Wandering Lust

Apartment 274, Terrow Heights Apartment Complex, Baltiney, New York...

    Valencia Ramos had been anxious as she sat up in bed newly awakened by the sound of someone beating on her front door. She took a moment to glance at the clock on the nearby end table. She had been having a difficult time getting any rest due to morning sickness and the added guilt of Ken suddenly disappearing for weeks following his father's decision to suspend him from the company due to his lack of responsibility for their unborn child. She had not wanted that when she called Coleman, but knew there had been no other way to get through to him. She had feared the worst when no one had seen hide or hair of him since the suspension was handed down.

The beating on her front door had awoken her up at four o'clock in the morning which had been odd hours for her sleep to be interrupted. She sighed heavily and tossed back the covers not at all ready to brave the cool morning air as she moved her nightgown draped about her hips and thighs as she inched toward the source of the unwanted noise.

The living room floor had been cold beneath her bare feet and she found herself stiffening as the banging persisted on her door. She took a deep breath and opened it finding that her heart had nearly skipped a beat when she saw that Ken had been standing in her corridor. He had looked as if he'd been in a fight and been on the losing end with his nose busted and his right eye blacked as he dripped blood all over the ground and looked up at her with a pained yet goofy expression filed across his bruised face.

Valencia could tell that he'd been high from the giddy expression on his face and how his pupils expanded in the wake of her opening the door. His jaw had been a bit sore and there was more blood surrounding his busted lip, his hair had been wild and as scuffled as his formerly dark gray suit which had been torn in a few places and looked as if he'd been wearing it for days.

"Ken..." said Valencia at a loss for words when it came to how bad he had truly looked up close.

"Hey Darlin'," he replied in a mock country accent while still giddy despite his condition. "Daddy's home...haha..."

Valencia did not know what to think as she watched Ken take a step inside her apartment and promptly collapse onto her living room floor. He had no major injuries aside from scuffle marks and minor bruises, but she'd still been concerned and opted to check if he had driven himself to her apartment.

She found out that he had but luckily he had not hit anyone or anything on the way, the car had been parked in its usual place and she seemed satisfied with that as she headed back upstairs, the beaten and battered Ken was still lying on her living room floor out cold and snoring.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

The Bathroom, Apartment 274, Terrow Heights Apartment Complex, Baltiney, New York...

Valencia had managed to drag Ken into the bathroom and awaken him long enough to get him to climb into the tub after she'd gotten him undressed, he had grumbled a bit and attempted to swat her away from him once he heard her voice. His snoring continued for some time as she eased him into the heated water. He leaned back against the tub and she proceeded to wash him cleaning his visible wounds and his face accordingly. He didn't seem to care about the heat or the pressure against his wounds as she managed to stop the bleeding.

Ken had occasionally awoke to interject and make it more difficult for her to bathe him, but she managed to clean him up well enough and the bleeding had stopped. She got him out of the tub through a good deal of effort amid splashing and helped him back toward her bedroom where Ken collapsed onto her bed and rolled onto his side. He'd still been wet and completely naked as she sighed and attempted to clean up after him.