Chapter 15: A Fine Round Of Decency

The Master Bathroom, The Kennison Estate, Latimer Ave, Baltiney, New York...

    Hot steam filled the bathroom as the multi-billionaire Ken Ryker stood beneath the heated showerhead as it pelted his weary naked body with ample water soaking him from head to toe. His messy black hair had been wild amid the soaking as he leaned his head against the tile of the shower. He had known he'd be late to work this morning and had made it a point to ignore the numerous calls from his father that lit up his cell phone as well as the obvious calls from a rather relentless Valencia despite his insisting that she not contact him again. He'd still been furious about her breaking their agreement and the fact that she'd taken it upon herself to trick him into getting pregnant when she knew how he felt about it.

He had been accustomed the their arrangement of sorts and it had been quite an adjustment not finding himself awakening in her bed at the turn of the morning. He had not seen why she had to be so needy when it came to him, they had agreed on a sexual arrangement and that was all it had been. Ken hit his fist against the tile as he continued to let the heated water cascade down his back.

This mess had not been what he signed up for when Valencia first got his attention back at the club. He had been more interested in having a one-night stand with her and moving on but he found himself infatuated with having sex with her. She'd been the best lay he'd ever had at that time and his mind had been made up to repeat the experience as much as possible without all the strings attached. He'd been honest with her and she'd been lying to him possibly waiting it out in a bid to change his mind.

Ken rolled his eyes as he turned his attention to finishing up his shower following all the steam filling the rather elegantly designed white marble bathroom. The decore had not been his style nor choice as he recalled vaguely that his late wife Sera Kennison, had been the one to design everything about the house, he had simply been happy in those days to come home and find her waiting for him after a long day at work.

Ken sighed as he stepped back from the shower, turning off the water as he attempted to step out into the cold air of the large bathroom. His house had been like something seen in the movies for the most part, a mansion by all accounts but it had been empty aside from his frequent visits and occasional meddling when his father's servants looked in on him. In the old days, Sera had not liked the idea of live-in servants and kept the house up herself when he'd been at work and their children at school.

Ken hated being home alone, the echoes of his previous life had still haunted him no matter how hard he had tried to ignore them. It had been a nice house and everything seemed to continue on as if nothing happened with the boys' bedrooms and the nursery in the same condition they had been in when last they had been used by Sera and the boys. Only Ken's bedroom had been a mess until the maids and housekeepers came by to clean it up on his father's orders.

He never touched Sera's things, not even to donate them and spent most of his time lounging in the den or guest bedroom when he'd been home and never sober. He occasionally had ventured to his private office, the kitchen, and living room but much of the house and backyard pool had been ignored.

Ken stepped out of the shower, his body still dripping from the water as he moved into his bedroom a look of confusion and annoyance filed across his face once he entered with a drying towel wrapped around his waist as he came face to face with his very concerned and irate father.

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

The Master Bedroom, The Kennison Estate, Latimer Ave, Baltiney, New York...

The angry expression that filled the face of Coleman Kennison had been accompanied by the all too obvious disappointment behind his blue eyes. His only son had become one of the biggest degenerates he'd ever known and it had not been through the fault of his rather strict and careful upbringing. He had been much angrier when he arrived but had calmed down a bit once he deduced that Ken had been in the shower.