Chapter 68: Back To School

 The Front Parking Lot, Kellens High School, Baltiney New York...

      Dean Hudson's stomach had been in a good deal of knots as he sat for a brief moment in the passenger's seat of Ken's midnight blue sports car. He had been outfitted quite decently in another suit Ken had delivered from Eddie's shop and forced to comb his hair, which he had not done in quite some time. While Ken explained that he needed to do this because of the upcoming dinner and covering his basis with his mother due to her tendency to go snooping into his business to try and find a way to have him committed, Dean had been none too thrilled about the prospect of going back to high school, he had not had a fun time of it when he'd been in bushwah and knew all too well he wouldn't have any fun this time around either.

Ken had reminded him that this time he'd been going to school in Baltiney, New York where he, himself had been something of a rockstar among the populace, and by extension Dean would become something of a rockstar by association hence alleviating his problem with popularity. Dean had not been up to date on the aspects of Ken's perceived stardom from the populace of Baltiney, New York aside from minor mentions from Spyder and his girls.

The older man opened the door to the driver's side and quickly ushered Dean to get out and act as if he had some shame about being out and about with money. Dean rolled his eyes in typical teenage boy fashion as Ken smirked enjoying the moment he'd finally gotten in on the grand game.

He never once got to experience what it was like to deal with a teenager going to high school, he'd been himself but the experience had been so long ago and with the accident, he couldn't recall what all the fuss was about. Dean tried his best not to appear as awkward as he felt when getting out of Ken's sports car. It was the ultimate game of risk with Ken playing well-to-do father figure when he'd been screwing Dean's brains out some hours earlier before dragging him out of bed and telling him he'd be signing him up for school.

As much as Dean hated school, he had loved Ken, it wasn't just a one-time thing for him when they were having sex in a huge house as opposed to the roadside motel room, he had truly developed feelings for the older jerk, and wanted nothing more than to see him show up his rather mean mother at that dinner. The last thing either of them needed was for her to find a way to commit Ken, he'd been all Dean had and there was no way the lad was going back to the life he had managed to carve out before the handsome man rescued him from it.

Ken continued to escort Dean toward the principal's office in a bid to get school registration all done. He had a bit of practice with his fragmented memories of being a father to his boys but high school had been a whole different ball game. Dean had learned the ins and outs of their paperwork due to having to fill out his own when Clint was too drunk and high to do it himself.

Once inside the building Ken immediately began putting on airs, so to speak. The principal had not expected to see "Ryker Kennison" at her school let alone with a sixteen-year-old boy dressed similarly and needing to be put into school himself. It was well documented that Ryker's children had died young and thus had no use for high school.

"Mr. Kennison, what an honor it is to have you at our school." said the principal, a rather odd-looking fellow woman with long frizzy red hair and wire glasses. She wore an old red dress with white trim and flat red shoes. "What might I ask is the reason for your visit?"

"Well it has come to my attention that you need a donation for your new computer lad and as you well know I am all about giving back to the community, and since my boys.... won't ever get the chance to attend your fine institution I have taken the opportunity to allow a friend of mine to experience what they could not, this here is Deacon Hudson, he's sixteen years old and he's one of those outreach children I'm working with, he's a good kid and I want what's best for him so I was thinking we try your school out, you get a new computer lab, my boy here gets an education...now I know it's late in the game but this is what transfers are all about are they not?"

The principal, whom Dean realized was named Victoria Cromwell looked over him for a few moments with the most scrutinizing eyes he'd ever seen. She noted his peroxide blond hair but the stature of his posture and sighed.

"We'll take him, but he's got to actually do the work if he's going to be representing my school, we don't need anyone bringing down our test stellar test scores," she said turning her attention back to Ken once she'd been done.

Dean sighed already not liking this new arrangement but he agreed to do it for Ken's sake and his own if anyone ever found out about him they'd most certainly ship him back to Clint Hudson and that good for nothing had sold him to sex traffickers.

Ken signed all the necessary paperwork, emergency cards, and all other essential aspects of signing one's youngster up for classes. It was almost like he'd been a father again while getting much-needed practice for when his kid with Valencia had to attend school. Once the paperwork had been completed and the ink dried on the deal for the computers, Ken escorted Dean back out into the front of the school where most of the students had taken notice of him and his fancy suit as he climbed into Ken's midnight blue sports car.

Ken got in on the driver's side with a big wide grin spread across his handsome face.

"What did I tell ya kid, a cakewalk," he said the moment they'd been inside with the doors closed. "Only cost me a thousand dollars in revenue money but what the hell, it's for a good cause."

Dean rolled his eyes once more in true typical teenager fashion.

"See you're a natural at this," said Ken with a smirk before putting on his seatbelt and instructing Dean to do the same before cranking up his car radio with Prince's Dirty Mind once more blaring in the background.

They took off out of the school parking lot and headed for another rather fitting location as Ken completed his list of places to visit to ensure everyone knew who Dean had been before the dinner with his parents the upcoming night.