Chapter 28: Weekend Motives

The Kennison Estate, Latimer Ave, Baltiney, New York...

       Coleman Kennison had been beside himself with worry as he paced in front of the estate that had been owned by his only son, Ryker Kennison, and his late wife Sera Kennison. He had been unable to sleep following the last discussion he had with his only son and his subsequent throwing of his dead daughter-in-law's name in the mix when Ryker had refused to adhere to his wishes in taking care of his unborn child. The suspension had been more than enough and his wife Mildred had even told him so, but to invoke Sera's name had been a step too far especially when Ryker had been already having a hard time dealing with her death due to his bouts of depression.

Coleman had worried constantly about what sort of trouble his only son would get into and from what Valencia had told him about the last time she saw him, the older Kennison had been frantic with worry about how his actions and harsh words had possibly contributed to it.

The elder Kennison sighed as he awaited the supposed arrival of his only son and breathed a sigh of relief when he saw Ken's blue sports car pull into the long winding driveway. He had appeared to have been in quite a bit of a hurry as he parked curiously staring out the window at the image of his father who was staking out his house in search of him.

"Not now Pop," said Ken exacerbated.

"Ryker, I need to talk to you," said Coleman with a stern expression.

"If this is about Valencia and the baby I ain't in the mood," replied Ken as he finally parked and shut off the car.

"She isn't why I'm here but we are far from done with that discussion young man, I am here due to your mother making a very valid point when I expressed concerns about your recent actions." continued Coleman.

Ken sighed heavily as he climbed out of the driver's seat of his sports car.

He could just bet his mother had something to say.

Mildred Anne Kennison had been quite an outspoken woman and a very difficult woman to know overall. She had been strict and stern most of her life and didn't pull any punches when it came to her two cents or her only son. Needless to say, she had been the most vocal about her disapproval of her son's new identity ever since he'd awoke from his coma due to the accident. She had been particularly vocal about his shift in personality and often tried to have him examined by professionals and at the very least locked up. It had taken her a long time to warm up to Sera being her daughter in law but when she did she had loved her more than she had even loved her own son, the loss of her and the boys had a profound effect on Mildred who had been as cold and distant with anyone outside of her husband ever since.

While Mildred wouldn't approve of Ken's relations with Valencia due to her age and his recklessness, she had wanted to keep track of her only living grandchild especially since she had known all too well how close she had come to losing her only son five years prior and the terror that she'd almost never become a grandmother again.

Ken had not wanted to deal with the issue of his mother's disapproval anymore than he wanted to hear it from his father but he knew the old man wouldn't let up until he did what he wanted. He had made a mental note to draw the line about anything to do with Valencia and her child, orders or not.

"Alright Pop, we can talk but I'm kind of in a hurry, food delivery and all that," said Ken turning his attention to his father in full.

Coleman sighed as he met Ken's dark eyes with his own sorrowful blue gaze.

"What I said to you about Sera, was out of line and I take full responsibility for the callousness of it but I meant what I said about your treatment of your pregnant girlfriend and my unborn grandchild," said Coleman with a hint of sorrow in his voice.

"Pop..." began Ken not wishing to hash this out when he had somewhere to be. He had only come to the house to get more money as he had not been fond of traveling with more than five hundred dollars in cash in his pocket and no credit cards.

He had known that Dean was probably starting to wonder what had been taking him so long. Ken had been quite fond of Dean who seemed to be coming around about whether or not he liked him, at the very least they had great sex when they were together and that was really all Ken could ask for.

"Your mother wants you home for dinner this weekend and none of your drinking and other antics if you please," said Coleman in a stern tone.

Ken took a moment to let his father's words sink in.

"Mother wants to actually see me and eat with me in the same room?" he asked with an arched brow. "This is a first, she isn't still trying to have me committed is she because if so that dinner deal is off I've got better things to do with my free time no that I have lots of it."

"As far as I knew she just wants to sit down and have a meal as a family, for once," replied Coleman. "As far as committing you goes, that's the last thing you need and we both know that."

"Look I...I got this friend I'd like to bring, he doesn't have much going for him and could use a family dinner of sorts," said Ken causally thinking of Dean.

Coleman had been surprised to hear that his son had actually bothered to make a friend and that anyone aside from the bottom of the barrel wanted anything to do with him given his personality shift from the man he used to be.

"What's this friend's name?" asked Coleman curious.

"Dean, Dean Hudson last I checked and it's more of a kid that's got nothing going for him in his day-to-day and since I know him, I figured he could eat with us if nothing else, beats sitting at home in an empty room all day," said Ken still in a casual manner.

Coleman had been pleased that Ken had not attempted to invite one of his girls to the house knowing the kind of stir it would cause his mother. He had been pleased that Ken showed something of an interest in a person outside of sexual gratification and his none-too-subtle drug habit.

"Well...why not," said Coleman permitting Ken to bring Dean along.

Ken nodded the rather sentimental exchange had been uncomfortable for him and Coleman had noticed and backed off immediately not wishing to further cause issues between them.

"Well I'll see you this weekend at home," said Coleman confidently. "You and this Dean friend of yours."

Coleman patted Ken on the shoulder and took his leave of his son seeing no more issue with his bringing up Sera and his apology done. Ken watched his father go and made his way into the house to grab his cash and the last of his hidden stash from Spyder before climbing back into the car and heading to the first food joint he came across wanting to get to Dean as quickly as possible not only to in form him of their weekend dinner plans but to bury his thick cock back inside his tight body before the day had been done.