Chapter 9: The Long Weary Road

Bus Stop, Cedar Creek Mobile Park, Bushwash, Kansas...

           Dean Parker Hudson took his time climbing off the bus and venturing toward his house which had never been much of a home even before his mother had taken off and never looked back. He had been more or less dealing with the hand he'd been dealt in life which had included his curious condition upon birth, it was never revealed if his mother being on drugs had caused it or something genetic-related, but he had made the best of being who he was even if neither of his so-called parents had been of the mind to support him either way.

Taking his time to enter the trailer so as not to invite any unwanted attention, Dean had been pleasantly surprised to find that he'd been alone and there had been no sign of Clint Hudson or his drug buddies as he pushed his way inside and began to take in the scent of stale piss and rotted garbage. With a long and exasperated sigh, Dean resolved to get the place cleaned to avoid Clint's inevitable wrath for not doing so if and when he arrived despite it being his doing as well as his "guests" when they had gone on another of their weekly benders.

Dean had managed to get everything cleaned in record time despite it taking a bit more of a toll on him regarding his bruises and what he endured due to Trent. It had been a good few hours since he arrived from school and still, there had been no sign of Clint or his drug buddies, which had meant that the lad had more time for himself and the peace that had settled over him since he'd finished cleaning up.

He elected to take a long hot shower, not at all knowing when he'd get the time and how uncomfortable he'd been doing so with people and Clint in the house. He had been even more self-conscious due to the new bruises that had lined his pale back and side.

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

The Bathroom, The Hudson Residence, Cedar Creek Mobile Park, Bushwash, Kansas...

Hot steam filled the rather small and less-than-ideal bathroom in the Hudsons' trailer as Dean slowly managed to get out of his jeans and shirt tossing them neatly into the nearby hamper as he stood before the bathroom mirror noticing the damage done to him in the form of the purple and red bruises left behind by Trent from school. He had not liked that he'd been so scrawny nor that his skin had been so pale due to frequent teasing about both aspects of himself from peers and adults alike. He had noticed a bit of his formerly brown hair making itself known and elected to quickly put an end to it by peroxiding his hair once more to ensure it stayed bleach blond.

Dean stared at his pitiful reflection once more noting that he could see his ribcage and weak arms so clearly. He sighed and turned his attention to looking down at his rather pinkish-looking cock which had been quite small, another underdeveloped attribute that had not made his confidence any better when it came to his body. There had been a good deal of boys who had been larger than him in the locker room and he often hated showering near them or even using the bathroom when they had been around.

It had been a source of constant embarrassment that even Clint's cock had been bigger than his and the drunken bastard never let him live it down any chance he got. On the odd nights when Clint entered his bedroom high off his ass, he'd always make the comparison after fondling Dean's cock and shoving his deep into the formerly slumbering lad's pale ass once he'd held him down. Being stuck with Clint and enduring his tirades when he'd been drunk and high had been enough of a chore, but the beatings from Trent and his goons had been all the worse when he'd been at school or out and about in town.

With another weighted sigh, Dean turned his attention to the shower. He did not like wasting good hot water and stepped inside wincing as the heated stream beat against his battered skin. It felt good and hurt all at once given how tender his wounds had been. There had been a good deal of scars that lined Dean's back and legs mostly from previous beatings courtesy of a drunken Clint and other scuffles with Trent that had long passed despite the outcome being more of the same.

Dean took a moment to allow the water to cascade down his body once he'd been accustomed to the hard water pelting against his smooth skin and took a few moments to catch his breath. He could feel his heart race and his anxiousness began all over again due to his being in the shower and not knowing if or when someone would come into the house. He had hated feeling like this but it had often been the difference between a world of pain and not feeling any at all when he could help it.

He had been at least pleased about his grade going up and the grade he'd gotten on his assignment being the highest in class. If nothing else it could never be said that he wasn't a model student despite his socially awkwardness and upbringing. He'd been an ambitious lad in terms of his academics and wanted to be as far away from Clint Hudson as possible when the time came for college. There was also the drive to be far more capable in the world than either of his so-called parents. He had not forgotten the pain he had endured when he found that his mother had not only abandoned him but had decided her freedom had been better than taking her innocent son along.

Clint had been a bastard but he had never abandoned Dean which the lad figured had to count for something. Shaking himself from his thoughts, Dean proceeded to lather up for his shower, his anxiousness returning in force like a deer caught in headlights when out on the open road. He had not liked being so naked and vulnerable especially at home when there was no telling when Clint would return nor whom he'd bring with him or what mood he'd be in when he did.

Dean tried to focus on getting clean and attempting to relax at least a bit before he'd have to go back to walking on eggshells just to survive the night and not piss off Clint and draw unwanted attention to himself.

Sadly, this proved to be a mistake as his instinct to hide had been correct with the sound of glass breaking from a broken window and spraying all over the newly cleaned living room floor as three rather strange men managed to enter the trailer despite it being tightly locked up.