Chapter 50: A Fitting Occasion

The Sparkwell Ave Mall, N. Sparkwell Ave, Baltiney, New York...

    The clothing section had been vast but bearable with fewer people than the food court and other busy stores. Dean had not felt as anxious when he'd been among the clothes but there had been a vast selection even when it came to the styles for men. The lad had not been much for clothes shopping, his experience being that the women mostly pointed out what he should wear and he bought it on their say-so when last he'd gone shopping. Ken seemed to be heading toward a specific clothing store passing all of the men's casual wear as he headed to the more professional department.

Dean had dutifully followed unsure what to make of the new area and the many suits of vast assortments that had been presented before him. Ken had not bothered with any of the clerks as he headed straight toward the back where a lone jovial-looking man of age came with a pair of thin-framed glasses across his nose and poised light brown eyes. He wore a fancy dress shirt, black suspenders, black slacks, and dress shoes, also black. On his head was an equally black "newsboy" cap and his hair had been a wild graying mess beneath it.

"Hey Ken long time no see." said the man in the dress shirt who extended his right hand as a gesture of welcome.

"How ya doin' Eddie?" asked Ken shaking the extended hand of the newly arrived man.

Dean had gotten the impression that both Ken and "Eddie" had known each other for quite some time.

"Although it's good to see you, what brings you by?" asked Eddie looking over at Dean and his less-than-savory attire with curious eyes.

"Buying the kid his first suit today, and getting a few for me while I'm here," admitted Ken evenly. "He's got big plans this weekend and something of a job interview later."

Eddie looked over at Dean with a scrutinizing set of eyes and then back at Ken. He had not been sure what his old friend had been doing with the likes of a lad like Dean but he had been all about Ken's generous heart and attempts to look after the youth, after all, he'd done Eddie a good deal of kindness saving his daughter from the infamous crash of flight 126.

Edward Louis Scarpa II had been fond of being called "Eddie" when it came to his friends and he considered both Ryker Kennison and Ken Ryker, his friend. Eddie's daughter Julia had been on the flight with her mother's uncle who had not made it but Julia had lived and even was compensated for the accident due to Ryker joining their lawsuit against the airline.

He had been privy to news about Ken being Ryker when it came to the lesser end of things and how the accident had nearly killed him five years prior. Despite not being remotely close before, Eddie took care of Ken now and then as payment for what he had done for him and his daughter despite the man not recalling it.

Dean had begun to fidget a bit when he'd been standing and listening to the two older men speak about him as if he had not been there at all. Eddie seemed to think of Dean as another one of Ryker's charity cases, which had been fine by him, the last thing he needed was for people to judge him due to their true affiliation.

"Alright, I'll see what I can find for him, and you of course," said Eddie with a big smile in Ken's direction. "Two or three this time, I can only imagine what you've put those poor other suits I've given you through."

Ken smirked knowing all too well they had been through the wringer, just like him on occasion.

Eddie took his leave of them and set to work on getting what they needed. Dean made his way over toward Ken clasping his hand when he felt a rush of panic. Ken once more gave the trembling lad his undivided attention.

"It's alright." Ken urged as he allowed Dean to grip his hand. "Nothin' and nobody's gonna hurt you while I'm around...just take a few breaths and keep calm, we'll get the suits and go back to the room no more shopping and no more people...just you and me...sound good?"

Dean nodded as he took a few breaths. He spotted Eddie on his way back and steeled himself once more as he let go of Ken's hand in time for the older man to show off his selections for them. Ken's suits were the first he laid out much to Ken's delight. Dean took a glance at the gray one, the navy blue one, and the black one which he had much preferred noting that Ken would look good in black or rather that he preferred the handsome dapper older man in it.

Dean's suit or what was possibly the one meant for him had been tan and Ken seemed to think it suited him.

"I am not familiar with your size and seeing as this is your first suit, I don't expect you to know the details just yet," said Eddie finally turning his attention to Dean as he addressed him. "A turn in the fitting room would tell me all I need to know, so off you go... try it on."

Dean looked at Ken for a moment before taking up the tan suit and moving toward the fitting rooms. Ken had followed him making sure he knew he'd been nearby not wishing to risk the lad having another panic attack. Dean stepped into the changing station and took a deep breath. He focused on Ken and what he told him about getting their shopping done so they could return to the motel, just the two of them.

It was strange to think that the motel was sort of like his newfound home away from home, familiar and intimate as the memories of his romps with Ken came flooding his mind. He smiled a bit as he shuffled out of his dated attire and into the suit that Eddie had picked out for him. It had not been half bad, a bit loose in a few places due to his stature and size but it was a nice suit. He didn't think that tan was his color but it wasn't terrible for him to wear it.

He liked how it fit and made him look at least halfway decent and refined even with his messy peroxide pixie cut hairstyle. He wanted nothing more than to impress Ken, who had already been doing so much for him. His tendency to spend money like water and obsess over sex notwithstanding, he'd been an all-around decent man and one that Dean had been pleased to know in more ways than one.

The lad emerged from the fitting room and Ken smiled at him even going so far as to elicit a cartoonish wolf whistle from him as his lust-filled eyes took in the sight of the well-dressed lad.

"Who knew you were such a looker, probably gonna be beating the ladies off with a stick," Ken remarked with a wide grin.

Dean rolled his eyes knowing all too well that the remark had been for Eddie's benefit and that the only stick that Dean wanted in his hands had been the one tucked inside Ken's suit slacks.

When Eddie had been busy attending to a new arrival, Ken walked up to Dean and gripped the lad's cock through his suit slacks making him nearly moan out loud before he caught himself.

"This is definitely a fuckable new look for you, Joyboy," he said in a low tone so that only Dean could hear him. "But then again, we both know I'd fuck you anywhere, anytime, with you wearing nothing."

Dean bit his bottom lip and attempted to compose himself as Ken backed away from him content to browse a few sections of suits in the massive cases that lined one of the far walls. Ken quickly grabbed a white suit jacket about Dean's size and a cream-colored long-sleeve shirt off the rack which also had been about Dean's size then he returned to Dean with a charming and mischievous smile.

"Try these on for size," he said handing what he grabbed off the rack to Dean.

The lad had been confused at first but took the items and went back into the fitting room.

He quickly filed into them and matched them with the suit that Eddie had given them. He found that he preferred the tan slacks with the white jacket and cream dress shirt. He shuffled back out to show Ken who smirked as he approached him once more this time unbuttoning his dress shirt and letting the open collar hang.

"There," said Ken with an approving grin. "Now you look like you know your way around an office, and are indeed fuckable."

Dean rolled his eyes noting that Eddie had not been paying any attention to them. Seemingly satisfied with the new outcome of Dean's suit and his own new collection, Ken instructed the lad to change back into his original attire and paid for everything. Eddie had been quite grateful to Ken as they walked out the door bags in tow and headed straight for the car as promised.