Chapter 23: A Series Of Firsts

Room 21, Roadside Motel, Baltiney, New York...

        The moment the key fit into the lock Ken's busy hand quickly twisted it, opening the heavy dark green door with black metal numbers, that blocked them from the view of the outside world, Dean seemed to be a bit more nervous than he'd been used to being when he had elected to entertain a client as he walked into the motel room behind Ken holding his share of the bags from their trip to the diner to do something about his rumbling stomach. Ken had brought a few things inside and sat them on the small round table that had been on the far side of the room with square-built armchairs surrounding the round dark brown table. He turned his attention to loosening his tie and tossed his suit jacket into one of the empty chairs after sitting down the bag with the food in it onto the table.

He had seemed to have his mind on something else as he moved toward the television and turned it on flicking through the channels for a moment before turning down the sound and stopping on the news broadcast. He tossed the remote, which had been a long black rectangle with various buttons, onto the bed.

Dean had taken a moment to get a look at the place with the lights on, the carpet had been dark brown and the bedding a strange orange color, the sheets had been white and the drapes that lined the large rectangular windows had been orange as well. It had not been a very ideal choice for coloration but it was useful for what they were intending when they arrived the colors of the bedding and drapes would be little in the way of a distraction.

Ken seemed to pace a bit before turning his attention to Dean.

"You go ahead and eat, make yourself comfortable whatever you need to do to relax," he instructed him. "I gotta make a run real quick and I'll be back within half an hour, don't leave this room because I'm taking the keys with me and you'll be locked out otherwise."

Dean nodded in understanding as Ken took a few moments to look into his deep blue eyes before heading out of the front door. It closed tightly behind him, locking it in place watching him go, Dean followed toward the window where he took note of Ken climbing into his car and taking off rather quickly.

Once Ken's car had disappeared, Dean had been once more reminded that he'd been very hungry with the scent of the food mixing with the stale room air and his continuously growling stomach. Ken had said he'd be back in half an hour so Dean settled for eating and after he had finished he had elected to take full advantage of being in a motel room by taking a long hot shower.

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Room 21, Roadside Motel, Baltiney, New York...

Ken Ryker had pulled back up to the roadside motel after having swapped out his car and purchased a few items last-minute items from the store. He had been of the mind to have a few drinks in time to go with the festivities he had planned for himself and Dean of course. He made it back to the room in the allotted amount of time and put the bag he'd just gotten on the table. He'd taken note that Dean had finally eaten and turned his attention to the sound of rushing water from the shower. Ken locked the door to the room and took a few moments to pour himself a cup of the booze he brought with him and casually sipped on it while he made himself more comfortable, discarding his dress shoes first, then his suit slacks, and white button-down shirt as he sat clad in his solid dark blue boxershorts and a white t-shirt.

It had been quite some time before Dean had finally gotten out of the shower clad in only a white drying towel that had been wrapped around his lean pale waist, he found himself a bit caught off guard noticing Ken sitting in the dark with a cup of booze in his hand and his eyes a bit glossy from his drunken state.