Chapter 75: Something Like Professional Courtesy

Ken's Office, Kennison Unlimited Towers, Financial District, Baltiney, New York...

      The sight of Ken's office had been something Dean had never pictured in his mind, not even when they had been on the car ride over toward the Kennison Towers. Seeing Ken in a professional setting in general had never crossed the young lad's mind even with him always showing up in sloppy business suits with his eyes giddy and his face covered in five o'clock shadow when he'd been held up at Spyder's place. Ken's office had a good deal of fine wood finish, and black leather which made Dean smirk as he took note of it. He followed the older man inside as he closed and locked the door behind them.

Ken recalled the last time he'd been in his office, the day he'd run into Evylen Towers and did a bit of personal negotiation regarding the Shrouder Brothers contract. The older man made his way over toward his desk and sat in his infamous leather chair, Dean took a seat on the sofa which caused Ken to smirk as he reflected on how many times he'd gotten a woman to spread her legs for him on that very sofa, a fitting thing that Dean had been drawn to it.

"Pop is definitely up to something if he's got me coming back to work early," Ken casually observed his surroundings.

Dean wondered if there had been more to it than what he'd seen of Ken's interaction with his father and brothers but he didn't dare pry at least not at the moment when he still hadn't been over the shock of Ken being an accomplished businessman despite his demeanor on any other day.

Taking a few moments to collect himself, Dean took note of Ken's office and the decor, the older man seemed to be back in his element as he looked about the place as well wondering if anything had been amiss since his lengthy unwanted absence.

They had not long to sit and ponder what they'd been summoned for long as Malcolm Reeves came up the elevator and entered Ken's office finding it a bit shocking to see a well-dressed young man sitting on the sofa with Ken back at his desk.

"Long time no see," he said in jest as he approached the desk.

Ken rolled his eyes as Dean attempted to figure out who this man had been that had gotten Ken's attention immediately.

"I was wondering when you'd show up," said Ken not taking his rather keen eyes off the new arrival.

Malcolm sighed.

"Well in the spirit of predictability, here I am," he replied before turning to see who the younger man on the sofa had been. "Who's this?"

Dean had looked over the strangely thin man with pale skin, blue eyes, and graying dark brown hair. He dressed like an aged hipster and the glasses didn't do him any favors as far as style had been concerned.

"Malc, meet Dean, Dean meet Malc," said Ken sitting back in his office chair with a rather strange expression. "Dean's my new personal assistant, you're gonna be seeing a lot of the kid, comes highly recommended from Kansas and whatnot."

Dean resisted the urge to roll his eyes with how casual Ken had been with his backstory when in front of this stranger.

"Dean, Malcolm is sort of like my brother, one that I wanted anyway....been best friends since the sandbox years according to him." continued Ken noting Dean's confusion. "He's good people, but a bit of a pain in my ass since I woke up in the hospital following that accident, so I just take what he says with a grain of salt."

It was Malcolm's turn to roll his eyes before turning his attention to Dean.

"Don't let this asshole influence you the wrong way, you look like a smart kid, you should get out while you can." he urged with a hint of jest as he noted Ken narrow his eyes at him.