Chapter 80: The Things Unsaid

Unfamiliar Bedroom, Kinervale Heights, The Elder Kennison Estate, Grandview Ave, Baltiney, New York...

      Night had fallen by the time Ken Ryker awoke following his altercation with Jeff in the dining hall. He recalled being at his parents' estate and it only served to annoy him all the more. A node of panic filled him once he looked about the place springing up from the bed as he sought out Dean in the dark. The older man scrambled out of bed and made his way out the bedroom door stumbling a bit as he'd been unfamiliar with his parents' house, especially at night. He had not had time to explain to Dean that he'd been forced to marry Valencia due to the pregnancy and the threat of being shipped off if he refused. He didn't know why he'd been so keen on ensuring that Dean knew what happened only that he had to make sure the lad knew somehow. The last thing he needed was for Jeff or his mother to get in the boy's ear and ruin their arrangement.

He found Dean downstairs chatting with Valencia and Malcolm as if nothing had been out of the ordinary. He glared at Malcolm for a few moments before finally relaxing and heading toward the bar. He poured himself a drink knowing all too well that his meds had been well and truly out of his system. He turned his attention toward his future wife and his current lover. They seemed to be getting on but that had been due to them not at all knowing the truth about his association with them in the slightest.

Dean had been well aware that Valencia had been pregnant, he had told her as much but their discussion seemed to be more or less casual. Malcolm sighed as he looked over at Ken who didn't say a word as he sipped from his glass and moved toward the rather large set of windows and stared out over the skyline.

Jeff had been long gone and so had Malcolm's wife and kids. He elected to linger to check in on Ken once more before heading back home.

Coleman attempted to keep Mildred calm but she'd been furious that Jeff had not only ruined her engagement party for Ryker, but he'd brought up rather hurtful things that caused him a good deal of pain as a result of it.

Ken finished off his drink and walked toward the door gathering his belongings as Dean took the hint and followed after him. Valencia ventured toward the door only for Ken to glare at her.

"Ken..." she began knowing he'd been furious with her.

He said nothing as he turned and walked out the door with Dean trailing behind him. He'd been well enough to drive it seemed and despite the lad's many questions Ken's demeanor had indicated that he wasn't in the mood to speak of about much of anything.

Malcolm sighed as he approached Valencia and placed a hand on her shoulder. They had known that Ken wasn't thrilled about the ambush, but it was a small price to pay for making things right as far as the baby had been concerned.

Dean filed into Ken's car once the valet pulled up and tossed the older man the keys after climbing out of it. Ken hopped into the driver's seat and started the engine. He let it roar and sped out of the driveway with the music blasting anything with a deep bass.

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Open Road, Baltiney, New York...

Dean had not known what to say but he'd been glad the dinner had been over and the worst along with it. His anxiousness had passed but he'd still been concerned for Ken and his relative silence ever since the events that Jeff had described to those in attendance. If there had been anything that Dean had gathered about Ken since meeting him, it had been that he resented Ryker Kennison in every possible fashion and nothing had been beneath him in terms of sticking it to him.

The news of his all-but-forgotten counterpart going after Valencia and Ken's getting stuck holding the bag had only intensified his hatred of his former self. He sped down the highway wanting so badly to put some distance between himself and his parents' estate.

He had been silent on the drive as Dean attempted to make sense of all that happened at the dinner. He wanted to understand why Ken didn't tell him that he'd been engaged to Valencia but he couldn't bring himself to think of it as he stared out the window watching the world pass them by in silence.

They arrived at Ken's house in record time and the older man called for a raincheck on the movie given his mood. He escorted Dean inside and left him a good deal of cash and a credit card in case he needed anything. Dean settled in just fine as Ken went about the house pouring a good deal of booze into his favorite glass and downing it twice before venturing back out the door and hopping into his car barely calling out a "Don't wait up," before making himself scarce.

Dean watched as Ken's sports car had been parked in the garage before he swapped it out for the brown four-door sedan he'd originally picked him up in when they first began their association. He sighed knowing all too well that what Jeff had done at the dinner set him off and with the medication no longer in his system and him no longer being watchful due to his mother, there was no telling what Ken would get up to before he finally came home.

If he'd even elected to come home at all.

Ken pulled out of the driveway and took off down the highway. Dean sighed and slowly ventured toward the bathroom, he had needed a good hot shower and a decent night of rest, the only good thing about Ken's meds, he had been less inclined to shove his massive cock in the lad when he'd been under their influence. It had given the lad a much-needed break of sorts but he still feared what Ken would do now that he'd been essentially unleashed once more.