Chapter 44: The Bottom Of A Bottle

Dark Night Club, Unknown Location, Baltiney, New York...

     Dark eyes opened to a dimly lit setting with pulsing music in the background. The confusing haze had been quite familiar as it set in along with the effects of whatever had been in the round glass that had been clasped in the slowly stirring man's right hand as he leaned back against the red leather booth he found himself sitting in as the flashing neon and pulsing music continued to make themselves more clear. A deep breath had not been enough to quell the rapid beating of his heart as the newly awakened Ken Ryker found himself sitting in a VIP booth staring out at the other portion of the nightclub watching the numerous other club patrons dance and drink as if they had not a care in the world.

Ryker smirked as the familiar sensation of an exhilarating high filled him along with the slight buzz from the booze he'd been ingesting. He had not recalled when he'd made it to the club, the last thing he recalled had been the speaking with Malcolm at the cafe and then everything was more or less blank. He had been significantly angry at the time but that was all he recalled. The slight stinging sensation of pain filled him dulled by the drugs and alcohol as he took note of the blood that had been dripping from his nose when he moved to raise his glass and finish off the swirling brown liquor that had been at the bottom of it.

The sensation of a familiar warmth had gotten his undivided attention as he looked down into his lap to see a tangled mess of red hair as one of the night girls had been unceremoniously sucking his thick cock as she leaned on her knees beneath the booth's table. Ryker groaned as he leaned his head back against the booth finally enjoying her warm mouth moving along his exposed shaft.

"Fuck..." he said losing himself in his ever-building lust while patting her along the head for a job well done.

A sea of bodies filled the mind of Ken Ryker as he took note of the three that had been the most familiar amid the darkest recesses of his already weary drug-addled mind.

He could see them as clear as day, the wreckage of the plane cutting through the atmosphere of the club and the sound of the music falling away as the images got more and more clear.

He saw the first body, a boy of ten with the same dark hair he had with his eyes permanently closed. The debris from the broken plane embedded into his small frame. He looked to have had a broken neck. The smaller boy had looked a lot like the broken body of the woman who had been beside the young Ramos girl crumpled in a corner impaled by the debris of the plane. His eyes had been closed as well and his body pale from the previous loss of blood.

Ryker Kennison hit his knees at the sight of them, his body feeling much heavier than before as he was forced to visualize the bodies of his dead sons Kevin and Carter Kennison as they appeared before his sorrowful eyes. He was their father and he couldn't even save them, he moved further into what was left of the front end of the plane and his eyes fell upon his dead wife Sera Kennison.

The visuals faded and Ken found himself once more in the nightclub, numb but still reeling from the drugs coursing through his veins and the lingering sluggishness of the booze he'd been slowly sipping as the redhead continued to suck him off amid the red neon lighting and the pulsing club music. Ken could feel his release approaching, although he had not really been a fan of having his cock sucked, it didn't have the same level of thrill that full-on rough sex had but he tolerated it nonetheless.

His thoughts turned to Dean and something of a smile filed across his formerly blank face as he recalled just how much he had enjoyed having sex with the lad but the dark cloud that seemed to follow him since his meeting with Malcolm had returned pushing out the pleasantness and drudging up the past and the pain that came along with it.

Despite Ken's best efforts to pretend otherwise, Sera Kennison had been the love of Ryker's life and her loss had significantly destroyed him along with that of their children. The loss had been so profound that not even the drugs and booze kept the reminder from his subconscious mind and he found himself pulled back into the darkness that had once threatened to drown him outright.

In the distance amid the smoke and dim red lighting, had been the image of a young beautiful woman with long flowing black hair that came past her shoulders, she wore a tight-fitting red dress that sparkled in the bits of light that caught his glance. He stood up as the redhead let his bare cock fall from between her pursed lips while he flipped over the table stumbling away from her as he tucked his cock back into his slacks and made his way toward the exit. He had not taken into account the mess he made of the place nor how fearful he had let the woman but the urge to chase after the figure had filled him and prompted Ken to leave the club.

He'd been filled with rage and longing all at once as he trailed after the whispy figure that haunted his weary drug-addled mind. The figures of Sera Kenninson and Valencia Ramos before him as he fought to suppress his rage in the wake of them both seemed to haunt him despite his best efforts to ignore them. He got behind the wheel of his car and took the long road, a fortunate thing for him as there had been little to no traffic as he made his way toward the familiar apartment complex he had dreaded venturing to for weeks.

All he could see was the faces of a newly alive Sera and Valencia from the last time he'd seen her in her apartment. He hated them, he hated himself, and he hated that he longed for them both even when he had no reason to.