1

Hey guys! ITS HERE! This is a fanfic that I'm writing for me because I haven't written one for me in like a year...

I hope you like it!!!

Okay! Read on!!!

---------

- Edited March 13, 2016 -

-Re-edited April 16, 2918 -

Niall POV.

I was sitting in Simons office because he had to talk to me about something. I wasn't waiting long; just for about five minutes. "Hello Niall!" We shook hands and he sat down behind his desk. "I have something to talk to you about."

I drum my fingers on my leg, nervous about the news I was about to receive. "Is it bad or good?"

"It depends on how people look at it. Niall, we've hired you someone to date. Just for a couple years. Just while you're on tour and stuff."

My mouth dropped open at the news. "Who?"

"Her name is Emily Waters. She's turning 18 soon. Lives in Indianapolis, Indiana. So, she is American. She's quite pretty actually." Simon hands me her profile. She is really pretty. Green eyes that remind me of Harry when we were on the X Factor. Her hair is long and brown. Her smile is super pretty.

"What will the fans think of the age difference?"

"You guys said you would date fans in their late teens and that hasn't happened yet so we wanted to show the fans that you guys really would date fans in their late teens." Simon explains. "Emily already knows of this and has already signed the contract. I need you to sign here." Simon points to a line with an x next to it. I scribble my name in the paper, sealing the deal.

"When do I meet her?"

"Now. She should be arriving at your flat in about twenty minutes. She will be in the courtyard or in your flat if Paul picked her up from the airport. And she is a One Direction fan but she isn't one of the overly obsessed type."

I nod. That's all I can do. "Anything else?"

"You guys are to go public when you have been "dating" for three months if everything goes well and goes the way we have planned it." Simon puts air quotes when he says dating. Once again, all I can do is nod. I say goodbye to Simon and walk out of his office. I walk to the lift and push the LOBBY button and descend slowly to the lobby. I find my car quickly and head to my flat to where my new girlfriend awaits.

The drive to my flat seemed longer than usual. But it was probably because my mind was somewhere else. Simon said she would be either in the courtyard of the buildings or in my flat if Paul picked her up. I sent a text to Paul asking if he picked up Emily. He said he didn't because Louis and Eleanor were going shopping but he sent a replacement to pick her up. I step into the courtyard of my flat complex and take a look around.

The courtyard is beautiful. There is a fountain in the middle and the snow all around with brick walkways connecting to the area where the fountain is. Benches are placed under tress or out from under the trees. Kids played with each other in the snow while parents sit in the cafe windows the complex installed, reading. Teens drank hot chocolate while talking or they challenged each other in snowball fights. I continue to walk more into the courtyard, searching for my new girlfriend.

I finally found a lonely girl sitting on one of the benches, about three suit cases by her feet. I walk over there to introduce myself. "Hi. I'm Niall. You must be Emily."

The girl looks up at me with her green eyes, her hair falling out from under her beanie and around her face. She was breathtaking. "Yea. I am." She stands and we head up to my flat.

"Would you like something to drink?"

"Do you have any water?" I pull a water bottle from the fridge and sliding it across the counter.

"Thanks." She takes a couple sips and sits down at the counter. Things were awkward.

"Uncle Si told me you are a fan of One Direction?"

Her smile gives it away. "Yeah. I got the unlimited edition of Midnight Memories for the holidays a couple days ago. And then I got Our Moment last night."

"What do you think of the album?"

Emily nods with a smile on her face. "It's amazing, nearly bumps Take Me Home off the number one spot for my favourite One Direction album."

I give Emily a small smile. Then I asked her how management told her what they needed and all that. "Management surprised me the day they came to my school. They took me from class, told me what they wanted and here I am."

"They didn't tell me either. Uncle Si didn't tell me till about an hour ago." I admit. "So tell me about yourself."

"Well my name is Emily Waters. I'm going to be 18 shortly. I'm a junior and I like the colour purple. I hate math and I love to read and write. I also play a couple instruments."

"Your life sounds interesting. Do you know how long you will be staying?"

"I think management said I would be staying till we hit three months then I have to go home. I will be homeschooled while I'm here. Management said I will be staying at a different flat here in this complex." Emily explains.

"Anything else?"

"I have to get a job somewhere so it doesn't seem like I'm being paid to date you." Emily yawns.

"I should let you go to your flat and sleep." I grab two of her suitcases and she grabs the rest of her luggage and we go to the other side of the complex. I help her to the bedroom and make sure everything is okay and I lock the door behind me, rushing to my own flat before someone saw us. No one was out when we walked over there but still... Gotta be safe than sorry!

---
— Editing update changes:
Changed age/last name/year in school/and one conversation
~~
Screw waiting. Its Louis' 22nd birthday. Here's a present:)

This is chapter one of NEMILY: Real or Fake? and I hope you like it so far!!!

I write this at school but I managed not to get caught by the other students so I should get some credit for that!!

- Emily