2

Edited March 13, 2016

Re-edited April 16, 2018

Emily POV.

My alarm clock goes off, signalling it's time to wake up. I groan and shuffle out of bed. I choose my outfit and take a short shower. I get out and dry off and moisturise. Grabbing my skinny jeans, I lunge and jump around because somehow my legs are still damp. Pairing the black skinnies, I pull on an oversized hoodie and then I tugged on some iconic white converse. I throw my hair into a ponytail, deciding to leave my hair curly, and headed to the kitchen.

I see that the fridge and pantry is fully stocked which makes me happy. I pull out some potatoes, eggs and some bread, deciding to make some eggs, potatoes, and toast. While the toast slowly toasted in the toaster, I went back to the pantry to hunt for Nutella. "Victory!" I hold the jar of heaven up in the air like it was a trophy and return to my food.

I had just finish plating everything and sat down when someone knocked in the door. Looking through the peephole, I saw Niall and some important looking people. "Good morning!" I open the door for them and they all pile in.

"Smells good!" Niall says.

"Yep! Eggs, potatoes and toast with Nutella! I can make some more!"

"That'd be awesome!" Niall hugs me.

A lady with a briefcase steps up. "Hi. Sandra's the name. Can you make it later? We have some stuff to talk about." We sit around the kitchen table and I eat my breakfast. "Today, Emily is to go out and look for a job. We'd like her to have a job but after a small discussion, we've decided that it is optional. I don't care where but it has to be where Niall and the others would go a lot. Like Starbucks, Nandos, etc. then later you will be introduced to the others. Then tomorrow you will start your first day of homeschool. We have arranged for you to go to a school close by for band class."

After management explained everything, they left the two of us alone. I quickly made some more food for Niall and we decided that afterwards, we would head out into London. We swapped numbers and we headed out in Niall's car. "If we are ever seen together, just say we are friends. Meet me here when you're done." Niall says and I get out his car and with my money and phone, I venture out into London.

My first stop was at the first Starbucks I see that had a help wanted sign. I hated coffee but it was a job that would fill my wallet with money. I tug my beanie on after taking my pony tail out because the cold wind was nipping at my ears too much.

"Hello!" A cheery worker with the name tag Nelly asks.

I smile back. "Hi! I see you have a help wanted sign. Are you still hiring?"

"Yea! Finally! We've had that up for a week. I guess no one wants to buy Christmas presents!" Nelly hands me a application form and I quickly fill it out. "When can you start?" She asked after a quick interview.

"I can start tomorrow at 12 and work till four or five, I don't mind." I smile and it was set. "But, I have a strange schedule and it's different every day so I can probably just cover other workers shifts. Which that'll be the best for me."

"Okay! That's fine!" Nelly waved goodbye and I left the coffee shop.

Exiting the cafe, I see there is a bookstore just across the street. I wait till the road is clear then jog across. A bell above the door tinkles as I enter. The smells of cinnamon candles and peppermint fill the air and seem to give me a hug when I enter the quaint store. I head to my favourite section where all the good novels are. Like Moby Dick and Tom Sawyer. I spot a book on a pile that cluttered a desk. The Harry Potter series! I've read them thousands of times but the story of Harry, Ron, and Hermione defeating the Dark Lord never seemed to bore me.

I gather the whole series and find a teen about my age sitting behind the counter. Her eyes scan the book 'The Last of The Really Great Whangdoodles'. "That's a good book." I say, startling her.

"Hi!" She lays her book down, the spine covered in cracks from it being bent do many times.

"Hi! Sorry to scare you! How much for the series?"

"Ah! Harry Potter, eh? Well we usually take off 10 pounds when people buy the whole series at once so the grand total is 35,45€." She's sitting up straight so I can see her name tag reads Beth.

"Wow cheaper than I thought!" I hand her the correct amount of money and she returns with my change and a box to put my books in.

"Here's a coupon for a free drink the next time you come. Thank you and have a wonderful day!"

I thank her and head over back to the Starbucks and order a hot chocolate with extra whip. I sent Niall a text telling him I'm ready. A few minutes later, my phone buzzes. A text from Niall lets me know he's outside and waiting. I pick up the box of books and hot chocolate. After placing the books in the back seat, I slide in the passenger and Niall drives off.

"So, uh. Sandra texted me and said we have to go for lunch." Niall says, breaking the silence.

I nod, sipping my hot chocolate. "Okay. I don't care where."

"Nandos it is!" Niall says and we both laugh. Niall drives a few blocks and parks in the parking lot. "Sandra said there may be fans and paps. Stay away from the fans for now and do not talk to the paps. No matter what they say. Wave to the fans if you want, show them you're friendly and nice; and say hello if they walk up to you, which they probably will. Just don't get too close." Niall instructs me as we get out of the car.

"Niall! Niall!" A few girls run up, asking for autographs, which he happily signed.

"Who are you?" A short, brunette girl asks.

"I'm just a friend of Nialls." I simply say and lean against the wall, waiting for Niall. The girl nods and walks away. Niall finally finishes and we walk into the restaurant, taking a table near the wall.

"So, how was your first fan encounter?" Niall asks while I look at the menu. We both order Peri-Peri Chicken with Pepsi.

I shrug, playing with a loose thread on my sweater. "It was ok. Only one fan talked to me." Our food arrives and I take my first bite of heaven. "Oh my god! They need these in Indiana!"

Niall and I spent the rest of the afternoon hanging around London, getting to know each other and stuff. We tweeted photos and instagramed like two white sixteen year olds.

"We should probably head back to get ready for the dinner." Niall says, looking at his watch. I pout and jump off the swing I was swinging on and we head back to the car to head home to get ready for dinner.

--

Chapter 2!

I had to rewrite this three fucking times so you should vote.

Toodles!!

- Emily

🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚