48

Edited May 21, 2016

Niall pov.

After leaving the Mexican restaurant, we decided to get some frozen yogurt at this place called Sandies. You pay by how much your ice cream weighs so you chose the flavour and get it yourself and you can pick out what ever toppings you want.

It was like heaven.

We sat in the back, away from the public.

"You're quieter than usual." I comment on Emily's lack of vocalization.

Emily shrugged. "I'm just enjoying my day out." She puts a big spoonful of frozen yogurt in her mouth and then clutches her head. "Brain freeze!"

I laugh. "No. Tell me what's bothering you."

She sighs and wipes up the ice cream that dripped onto her chin. "You've been off lately. Like you're hiding something that I should know about." Now it's my turn to be quiet. I look down at my half empty cup of peanut butter and chocolate swirl frozen yogurt. "See, you're being quiet now. What the hell is going on?"

"Not here. This is a private matter. And it's already being taken care of."

Emily sat back in her chair. "What is being taken care of? Did something happen while I was gone?"

I didn't know how to respond. "I don't want to talk about it. Not in public. Somewhere we can talk in private."

Emily nods, picking up her desert, wallet, and car keys. "Come on. We need to talk."

I nod, following her out the door and to the car. She pusheed through the fans, pissed off.

"She's a little mad right now. Sorry." I apologize.

I take a couple photos and then Emily pulls up in her car and honks. I say goodbye and get into the passenger seat.

______

"Spill."

We are now at my apartment, finishing our half melted deserts.

I nod. "So. Uh. While you were gone, I found something on Oliver and your parents divorce."

Emily froze. "What." She said in a quiet voice.

"I saw an email on Oliver's laptop. I think he made your parents split for publicity or he's having an affair with your mum."

Emily sat there, staring at the cup on the table. "How long? How long have you known?"

I bit my lip. "The day before you came back."

I didn't know how she was going to respond. She stood up and stalked into the living room and sat in the couch. I followed her. "Six days. Six days. You've know for six days and you didn't tell me?!" She yelled. She stood up and walked away from me.

"Like I said, it's already being taken care of! I've got a lawyer and we are going to sue Oliver."

And then she punched a wall. I must have underestimated what a five foot four tall girl can do to a wall. That hole was big and deep. Blood ran down her arm as she clutched it, muttering foul words under her breath.

"Are you alright?"

Emily didn't speak to me. She turned and got her wallet and car keys and sunglasses from the kitchen table.

"Emily. Babe, please, speak. This isn't my fault. I didn't ask for this to happen."

Emily shook her head. "I'm sorry. I just need a break." She kissed my cheek and left.

I sat down on the couch. What the hell just happened.

I stood up to take care of the trash from the yogurt and sitting on the counter, was the ring.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh shiiiiiiiit.

- e.h.