40

Edited May 19, 2016

Niall POV.

Pulling up into Emily's driveway, I could feel the little box practically burning a hole into my front pocket. I knew she was at school so this is the perfect timing.

Knocking at the door, Phil answers. "Niall? I though you were in South America?"

"We have the week off."

Phil nods and let's me in. He makes us some tea and we sit at the kitchen table. "So I'm guessing you know what management is doing."

Her father nods. "Well, I know this is rushed and all but I would like to have your blessing to marry your daughter. Because I want to. Not because I have to."

He almost did a spit take. "Young man. You do realise that you still have a career to handle. You're still on top of the world. And Emily, she's still in highschool."

I nod. "But, sir. I love her. A lot. I know I do. I knew that she was the one when I was sitting next to her at her hospital bed when she woke up."

Phil leaned back in his chair. I wait for his reply. "Okay. I give you my blessing. But, you have to wait till she is 18 to legally marry her. And no kids till she's 20, please. And I don't want anything going on in her room. I want both of you downstairs on the couch where I can see you from the kitchen."

"Thank you. Thank you so so so much!"

"One more thing."

I nod. "What?"

"Please, don't hurt her. She's been through enough."

I look Phil in the eyes. "I promise. I promise to protect her with all I have."

Phil nods. "Emily should be home in about half an hour. Oh, and Happy Nine Months."

"Thanks. I'm going to head back to my hotel. The others are waiting for me. Charity thing at the hospital."

Phil nods. I let myself out and head back to the hotel to get ready for the charity benefit then to get ready for tonights dinner reservations with Emily.

Letting myself into my hotel room, I text Emily.

'Tonight at 8 - be ready'

My phone buzzes as Lou does my hair.

'I'll be waiting!'

I smirk and climb into the van that'll take us to the hospital.

-

Emily POV.

I received a text from Niall telling me to be ready for tonight. Tonights our 9 month anniversary. I shower and do a green facial mask.

Then I crank up the tunes and pick out my outfit. I had to text Niall asking him for the attire. He said casual but fancy.

"I'm so fancy, you already know!" I sing along to Fancy by Iggy Azalea ft Charlie XCX.

Walking into my closet, I found my favourite dress. Its a purple dress with a black bow at the waist and then from the waist up is white with a black lace. I chose my ankle high heel boots and painted my nails purple.

I got dressed after washing the facial off and did a light purple eye-shadow and some lip balm.

Then I practiced my trumpet till it was 7:50.

"Emily! Niall's here!"

I grab my lipbalm and stick it into my clutch along with some money and my phone.