36

Edited May 19, 2016

Emily pov.

So I could recover at home, I was enrolled in homeschooling for the first two months of junior year. After returning from the hospital, Niall stayed another week until he finally had to return to the others. He had missed at least three weeks, maybe more because of me and management wasn't as mad as they should be. I almost died and then the contract would have be over. They should be more pissed off than they really are.

Dad came home for lunch and we watched Doctor Who while we ate the sushi he brought home. The hour was silent and he soon returned to work. I was worried about my parents. They seemed off, like they usually are when they need to tell me something big or they are just pissed at eachother.

Shrugging, I return to the telly and press play on Doctor Who. I'm getting sick and tired of these damn daleks!!!

At dinner, the atmosphere was really really tense. I set my silverware down and confront them. "I know you two have something to tell me."

Mom set her fork down and looked at my dad. They both nod and turn to me. "I know this is sudden, but your father and I are getting a divorce. I know our 20th anniversary was just last month but we just lost our love for eachother."

Everything was silent. I was holding back tears. "So now what?"

"Well, the divorce is being finalized tomorrow. We are selling the house. I am moving back to Chicago and your father is moving to California. You are going to have to decide who you want to live with full time." Mom explains more.

"When are you moving. Both of you?"

Dad clears his throat. "I aleady bought a house in California. Near the beach. Over the last few weeks, we have been packing your stuff and our stuff. I'm driving out soon."

"How long do I have to decide?"

"Not much time. I'm sorry." Mom begins.

Rage took over me. "No. You're not. I already know who I'm moving in with. I want Hannah. Hannah and I are moving in with dad. Do you know why I never liked the weekends at home? Do you know why I never wanted to be around you? You were always mad at the stupidest thing and got so pissed off. And now, I can get away from it all." I stand up, and exit the dining room.

I run out of the house and don't stop till I reach the park. I find a tree to sit under and call Niall.

"Emily?"

I coukdnt keep my sobs back. "Niall." I choked.

"Emily. Are you okay?"

"No. I just found out my parents are getting a divorce. I snapped at my mom and basically up right told her I'm moving in with my dad to California with Hannah so I could get away from her bitchiness. I don't know what to do."

Niall listened to my problem and waited till I calmed down. "It'll be okay. I know that you said that out of rage and sadness and she'll understand. I'm here for you, okay?"

"Okay."

Niall talked to me and then he had to go to soundcheck. It started to rain so I moved to a shelter. I called Valerie.

"Hey bæ!"

"Val. I'm moving."

"Where?"

"California. My parents are getting a divorce and I'm moving with my dad soon. So soon, I don't know exactly when."

Valerie was silent. "I can't believe you're moving. We've been besties forever."

"I'll fly out or fly you in over holidays and school breaks!"