33

Edited May 17, 2016

Emily POV.

@chefem_: Happy Fourth of July!

I hit the tweet button and put my phone in my pocket. Katelyn and I were meeting Valerie for fireworks later. Right now, my parents are out getting food and drinks for tonight.

Hannah walks up to me and without warning, jumps onto my lap. And let me tell you. Having a medium sized dog jump onto your lap is not a good feeling.

"That hurt Hannah!" I complain.

The dog just looked at me with her puppy eyes. The doorbell sounded and Hannah leaped off my lap, barking. Maybe it was Niall! Nah. Who am I kidding. He's all the way around the world.

Turns out it was just Katelyn. Not that I didn't want her. I was just missing Niall. I know its only been a week and a half since we last saw each other, but it was an intimate week when we were together.

"Hey, Em!"

I smile. "Hey. Do you have everything?"

Katelyn nods and I help carry her stuff to my room. Katelyn and I were going to do our nails and hair and makeup for tonight. I got to work on her hair. Straightening her brown hair and adding a couple braids and using a hair tie to connect them in the back. It looked beautiful.

Next, Katelyn straightened my brown hair and we got dressed. I picked out my only outfit that's Fourth of July worthy. Its a white top with a sunflower with red white and blue on it. Then I'll wear a blue tank top and some blue Jean shorts. For my shoes, I'll just wear my worn out sandals.

Katelyns outfit was a red white and blue off the shoulder top and faded ripped blue jeans. Her shoes were her favourite cowboy boots. We wore our matching red white and blue flower crowns and we even bought a third one for Valarie.

We painted our nails red white and blue and for makeup, we just put on mascara and lip balm; it was too hot for a full face of makeup.

-

We meet Valarie at the highschool where they always do the show. We set up our chairs and blankets and food and drink. We even made a little sign that says Do Not Disturb and stuck it in the grass.

We sat and played cards and ate some food. "I hope they have a good performance this year." Valarie comments.

I nod. Every year, there's a band or some sort of entertainment for Fourth of July and the past few years, the city had a wanna be punk rock group perform. They were so bad, we threw trash at them. "Imagine if it was One Direction."

I shook my head. "They're like halfway across the world!"

The three of us laugh. We chose seats closer to the stage, about a quarter of the way to the front. There were a good ten r so rows between us and the stage. As dark drew closer, everyone settled in, anxious to see the entertainment.

The normal drums and guitars were on there. The band members walked on stage. They say down and started warming up so I continued chatting with Valarie and Katelyn.

"Straight off the plane to a new hotel." My head snapped to the stage and there they were. One Direction. A bunch of girls started running to the stage. I ran too, pushing my way to the front.

Niall was front and centre, scanning the crowd of screaming girls till our eyes met.

"MIDNIGHT MEMORIES!" They sang. The girls screamed louder as the boys danced around on the stage.

The song ended and Niall started talking. "We don't know any song about America besides this. Oh, and I love you, Emily!" Security had to pull me over the fence due to all the fans attacking me and because I started having a panic attack.

Niall ran down the steps and gave me a quick kiss and the music to Kids In America started playing. Every single girl started crying because the throwback to X Factor. Or should I say Flashback to x factor since its Friday?

I laugh to myself and dance along.

After Kids In America, they sing You & I and Best Song Ever. Then when they started playing Little Black Dress, the fireworks started.

They played all the upbeat songs from all three albums and played What Makes You Beautiful as the grande finale of the firework show started and ended.

"Surprise." Niall says, walking up to me.

He was sweaty but I didn't care. I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him. "What are you doing here?"

"Can't I see my wonderful girlfriend?"

I laugh. Niall and I head back to the car after I gather my personal items. Once we were safe in the van, Niall said Sandra wanted us to be seen and they booked us for this performance and here they were.

Niall and I returned to the hotel and we hung out and just watched movies and ate what ever, listening to the rest of the fireworks being lit.

"When I was younger, I was scared of fireworks." I comment.

It was about 1am. We were the only ones awake and for me, it was that time of night where I get a little loopy and find everything funny or really deep, like Zayns quotes.

Niall chuckled and continued running his fingers through my hair. "Really?"

I nod. "I'd hide under my baby blanket and would refuse to come out till it was over." Niall started laughing. "Shut up. I was like six."

The room was silent. "I'd always skip one song off Take Me Home when my parents were home. Can you guess which one that was?"

"Rock Me?"

I smirk. "I only played it on my phone with headphones or played it aloud when I was home alone." I sigh. "I remember sitting in bed late at night, daydreaming about how I'd sing rock me into your ear as we made love."

Niall laughs. "Wow. You really do get loopy at night."

I tear myself from the starry sky outside and look into his eyes. They were darker, filled with lust.

I nod. "Yeah. Like that'll ever happen. My parents will kill me if I ever have sex before I'm in college. Literally."

Niall blinks and he looks out the window. "I can understand that."

Yawning, I adjust myself so I'm snuggled deeper into his side. "I love you." I murmur.

And just before I fall asleep, I hear Niall singing to me. "I'm in love with you, and all your little things."

°•°•°

Nemily fluff ^.^

- e.h.