32

Edited May 17, 2916

Emily POV.

I've been back in America for three days. I've spent two of those days sleeping to adjust back to America time. Friday is Fourth Of July. One of my favourite times of year even though I'm a British person at heart.

The third day I was home alone. My parents were working. So I spent the day throwing up.

As I turn on the shower to bathe, I look at myself in the mirror. I was looking skinnier. I looked away. I felt like puking even more. Reaching for my secret hiding spot in my vanity, I pull out my blade. The cold, foreign metal brought back so many painful memories.

I brought the metal to my wrist and looked at the fading white scars. I take a deep breathe in and made the first cut.

I wasn't used to the feeling of the cuts anymore so it hurt like a bitch. Then I stood in front of the mirror. My wrists bloody. I poked at myself. My thighs looked thinner and I could see myself sporting a thigh gap next week.

It was worth it.

I hid the blade and stepped into the steamy shower and quickly bathed. I was meeting my friend, Katelyn, at the mall. Katelyn was new in school. She arrived in the middle of the year and I quickly brought her under my wings by showing her around and being her first friend.

Thanks to the mounds of money from this contract sitting in my bank account, my parents got me a credit card so I wouldn't have to carry a big wad of money around. Shopping spree on me.

I quickly got dressed in black shorts and my Doctor Who, Wibbley Wobbley Timey Wimey, shirt. I pulled on a pair of VANS.

Collecting my wallet that contained my credit card and other gift cards and old receipts, I grabbed my headphones and put the jack into my iPhone and turned on Iggy's song, Fancy. Grabbing my old, worn out purse to put my wallet and phone and stuff into when I wasn't using them, I headed towards the front door.

I grabbed the house key and ran over to where Katelyn and her mom were waiting at the curb after locking the house. Neither of us could drive yet, sadly.

"Hey girl!" I greet Katelyn.

"Hey guuuuurrrrlll!" Katelyn responded, holding out the world girl.

Katelyns mom chuckles and pulls away from my house. We were at the mall in ten minutes. "Call me when you are ready to be picked up!"

We wave goodbye and head inside, pushing through the few paps that follow me. "My mom gave me fifty bucks. What about you?"

"I got about 500,000 in the bank. I save a lot if money by doing odd jobs and babysitting and chores." I couldn't tell Katelyn that I'm being paid to date Niall.

Katelyn nods and we head over to rue 21. I bought a couple of bikinis and Katelyn bought some nail polish. "If you want something , just tell me. I'll get it."

"I couldn't do that."

"Its no biggie. I got you."

We walked into Hot Topic. I ran over to the Doctor Who collection. "Tardis dresses!" I squeal. I found my size and held up to my body and looked in the mirror. "Perfect!" I bought a necklace to go with and we were set after Katelyn got a One Direction shirt.

We stopped in Books A Million and I got the Cirque Due Freak series (a/n: if you haven't read them, go read them omg I'm in love with the series!) I also got The Fault In Our Stars and the Divergent series. Katelyn got The Fault In Our Stars as well.

We sat down at the food court after getting a couple of smoothies. We sat there and talked about our summer. She asked about Ireland and how Niall was doing.

"He's Niall. I think hes somewhere in Milan the last time I checked. I've been too jet lagged to keep up with his whereabouts."

"I've always wanted to go to Ireland. Is it beautiful?"

I nod. "The sunrises are amazing!" I told her the story of how Niall and I stayed up all night just to watch the sun set and sun rise.

We threw away our trash and made our way to Claire's and we bought some Fourth of July flower crowns.

"We should totally have a sleepover sometime." Katelyn said as her and her mom dropped me off at home.

I nod. "Text me the details." I trusted Katelyn with my number so I had given it to her on the last day of school.

"Bye!"

"Bye, Katelyn!"

°•°•°

God bless murica

-     e.h.