45

Edited May 16, 2016

Niall pov.

No, Niall. Don't. Emily is still recovering.

Divorce.

Three months ago.

What if? No. Oliver wants us to get more publicity but he wouldn't do it by breaking up Phil and Jane's marriage!

But its too fucking late.

Do I tell Emily?

I sigh and drag my feet all the way across to Harry's room across the hall.

"Niall? Are you okay?" Harry asks, seeing my physical state.

I shake my head. "Can I talk to you?"

He nods and I join him in his little kitchen area. He hands me a bottle of water. "The engagement rumours came crashing in all at once instead of slow like they usually do. I thought Oliver was behind it so while he was in the shower so I snooped through his email and I saw an Email pop up from Emily's mom, Jane, saying about a three month payment and now I think he made them get a divorce so we can get more publicity through Emily."

I chug the water and let Harry sink in what I just told him. "I think you should confront him."

"Should I tell Emily?"

Harry shook his head. "Not until you have solid evidence. But I think you should get a lawyer just in case." I stood up and Harry gave me a reassuring hug. "Listen, I know Oliver shouldn't have been in charge of your relationship. If I were you, I'd look through the contract and find yourself out if it because I'm sure a lot of pressure would be off the both if you if you weren't under a contract."

I nod. "Thanks, Harry."

"No problem. I'll be her for you. And the other lads."

I smile, letting myself out of his hotel room and shuffling back to mine. After taking a shower, I dig out the contract that I always have with me in case something like this would ever pop up.

Three hours. That's how long it took me to find something about it. I didn't think it would be in there and I would have to call Simon. I think I might anyways.

"Hello?" Oops. It must be early there in London.

"Simon. I forgot - different time zones. Sorry."

"Its okay, Niall. What do you need?"

I take a deep breathe. "I think Oliver made Emily's parents get a divorce."

The other line was silent. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"Emily's parents. Phil and Jane. Split up. Forced to get a divorce. What should I do?"

Simon shuffled about and I heard a light click on. "I'd get a lawyer and try and find out if he really did."

"Thank you, Simon."

I shut down my computer and trudged over to Olivers. "Horan. Its late. And you've got an interview with Emily later about the rumours."

I nod. "Can I use your laptop? I promised Emily I would Skype and mine is dead. Harry's using my charger."

Oliver thinks and nods. He hands his laptop over and I sit down on the couch. I shoot Emily a text.

'Skype. Now. Don't ask questions.'

'K..?'

Soon Emily called and we chatted away. I think she was at an American football game because of the cheering.

"Hi!" I plug in the headphones.

She smiles. "Hey, babe."

I head over to Olivers mail and find Jane's email and send it to myself. After screenshotting it, I delete the evidence of email to me and chat with Emily a bit longer.

"I gotta go. I'll see you tomorrow!" Emily yawns.

I wave. "Byeee!" I blow a kiss and she returns it.

I thank Oliver for letting me borrow it and I head back to Harry's.

I read what I screenshot out loud.

'Dearest Jane,

I'll be in Chicago late August. I'll see you then. ;)

- Oliver'

"That little fucker is. Either he had an affair or made them divorce for the publicity." Harry threw a pillow.

I nodded.

"Called Simon. He said to get evidence. I did and he also said he's going to get a lawyer."

Harry nods. "Make sure everything is set till you tell Emily."

"Planned on it." I hug Harry and head back to my room for a sleepless night.

•••••••

Oh shit.

- e.h.

PS:

I get my iPad back next week!!! YAY!