6

Edited May 8, 2016

Re-edited April 17, 2018

Trigger warning:

small mention of self harm

Emily POV.

"Happy birthday dear Zayn! Happy birthday to you!" We sang as Perrie brought out the cake, Jade following behind with some cupcakes decorated with plastic Avenger rings that were meant for a six year old. The top of the cake had the Hulks fist and the cupcakes were randomly decorated with random scenes from the movie.

Zayn laughed when they set it down in front of him and blew out the candles. "Thanks, babe." He kisses Perrie on the lips and cuts the cake. Perrie cuts a slice for everyone and we eat cake and open presents.

The birthdays the fans think they boys throw are quite off. They don't drink or have birthday sex all day, though I think Perrie will be a tad sore tomorrow. They sit around eating cakes made for a ten year old, talking and goofing off.

I began to think on how child like Harry's birthday will be until Niall got my attention. "What were you thinking of?" Everyone is staring at me and I turn red.

"I was thinking about how the fans think you celebrate birthdays. And what you're going to do with Harry's birthday. Because of all the random stuff he does and says."

My face burns with blush and everyone laughs. "How do they think we celebrate birthdays?" Liam asks.

"They think you drink, party, and have birthday sex all day." Zayn and Perrie immediately turn red and my mouth drops. "I knew it!" I jump up from my seat. Perrie, Zayn, and I are all laughing.

"Okay. Not everyone in the complex needs to know what Perrie has in store for Zayn tonight!" Niall says, calming down and wiping his tears of laughter away.

'Happy Birthday to the birthday boy!' I tweet a photo of Zayn with cake all over his face. Perrie had smashed the last cupcake into his face.

After opening a few presents and more cake, everyone decided to go home. Niall and I cleaned up Niall's flat and sat down to watch some football. Hey, as long as I'm living I the UK, might as well use their terms!

I sat on the other end of couch, mostly watching Niall. My eyes dart to the tv when he looks over. "I see ya lookin at me. What's up?" Niall mutes the tv and turns his full attention to me.

"Nothing." Niall raises an eyebrow. "Ok. I'm just remembering how many times I've tweeted you when you were offline and online. Asking for you to notice me. I've tried three years to get you to notice me on my birthday. The closest tweet I got to you was Zayn's mom, asking her about Zayn and Perrie's wedding. I've tweeted you how you make me happy by just breathing and living." I wipe a tear away from my cheek. "All I've wanted to do is thank you."

"Thank you for what?" Niall's blue eyes are watery.

"Healing me." I rub my forearms and show Niall."I'm not 100% healed but I'm getting there. I wanted to say thank you for helping me through all tough times."

Niall scoots closer and gently takes my arm. Red scars cover my arm, some still fresh. Others are closed up but still red. My oldest scars, a pale white. Niall brings his lips to my arms, kissing every single scar. I start to cry, remembering all the times I wished there was someone with me to kiss the pain away. "Don't cry." Niall pulls me in for a hug. "I'm here."

I hug Niall back, thanking him over and again. Niall pulls away, leaving me confused but only for his lips to come contact with mine. My thoughts melt away. My mind focuses in the kiss. "Emily, I love you."

"I love you, Niall." Niall smiles and pull me close to him and he un mutes the tv. I snuggle into his side until he got a text.

"Sandra says we have to go out for late night snack and act a smidge lovey. Tonight is our two weekaversary." Niall reads a text that had popped up on his phone. "So, where do ya wanna go?"

"Sure! Ask the American where to go for food in London!" I laugh.

Niall smirks and grabs his keys. "How about some pizza? There's a 24 hour pizza place near here." I nod and grabbed a sweatshirt and pulled it on while we walked down the hall towards Emily's flat so she could grab a sweatshirt.

-

Niall POV.

We entered the pizza place parking lot, expecting for it to be empty. Nope. There were a couple groups of teens and paparazzi. Luckily, we haven't gotten out of the car.

After locking the car, Emily grabs my hand, clasping it tightly, still not used to the greasy men with big expensive cameras and the fans because it's hard to predict what they'll do. We turn the corner to get to the front door since the only available parking spot was around the corner and were immediately swarmed by the paparazzi. Emily gripped my arm with her other free hand, obviously afraid of the large men. I put wrapped my arm around her and gave it a light squeeze to let her know that I'm here and to not be afraid. Pushing through the paps and ignoring their questions and the pleading fans asking for a photo or an autograph, we entered the pizzeria and find a table in the back where we were mostly hidden from the rest of the customers and the swarm of fans and paparazzi.

A waitress gets our drink order. When she placed Emily's water on the table, Emily immediately gulped it down. "Are you okay?" I ask, grabbing her hand and rubbed the pad of my thumb along the back of her hand.

She nods. "Yeah. I'm just a but claustrophobic. I'll be fine." The two of us split a large pepperoni pizza.

"How bad does it get?"

Emily thinks for a minute. "My first year of marching band, it had started to rain during one of the competitions so they rounded up three bands were stuck in a barn and I had a huge panic attack. Not fun."

"Marching band? You mean the people who are all dressed nice and have perfect posture?"

Emily nods. "Yep. But it's more complicated than you think.

"How complicated?"

"It's complicated enough so that the only way you could understand, is if you've done it before."

We finish our pizza and sit at the table as I listen to the stories Emily tells me. I don't know what it is, but the way Emily can be so calm and relaxed around all this is amazing. I like how her eyes change different shades of green in the light. I could stare at them all day.

"We should get you home." I comment after Emily yawns for the millionth time. I looked at the clock on my phone, shocked that it read two thirty in the morning. "You have band tomorrow and you meet with your tutor." I help a tired Emily walk through the crowd that seemed to grow just a bit larger since our location leaked and into the car. The ride was silent except for the light snoring from Emily.

--

Happy late birthday Zayn!

I wonder what Perrie gave Zayn for his birthday. Other than a trip to Disney Land Paris

You lil pervs.

Jk.

I often wonder how many times Zerrie fucks.

#oops

- Emily