43

Edited May 20, 2016

Niall POV.

"Niall! So, who's gonna be the best man?" Zayn asks when I emerge from my slumber.

"Wha?" I ask, not having a clue what he's asking.

Zayn looks at me funny. "Who is gonna he the best man at your wedding with Emily?"

I sit down and grab a donut from the box on the middle of the table. Right now, I think we are in New York. I don't know. Maybe New Jersey. I've lost track. "I don't know. Not Louis. He's already a best man."

Louis frowns but doesn't say anything.

Harry jumps up. "What about me?!"

The other three yelled "NO!" at the same time.

Harry looked hurt. "Why not? All I'll do it tell awful jokes and tell embarrassing stories about Niall. Please Niall? Pleeeeeeease!" Harry got down on his hands and knees, begging me.

'Don't look him in the eyes!' I force myself to look at the others. They all shook their head no. Why are they ganging up on the poor lad? Sure he might tell awful jokes but he's make a great best man.

I tore my gaze from the others and looked him in the eyes. His lip was quivering. And his eyes were ready to burst with tears.

I lost. "Okay. Okay! You can be the best man!"

The others facepalm as Harry kept to his feet and embraced me in a hug. "So, does that mean I can plan the bachelor party?"

"Uh. With the other boys help. I don't want to get too pissed the night before the wedding."

I smile at the word. Wedding. I can't wait to see Emily walk down the aisle and feel the wedding band around my fore finger. And I'll look into her eyes and I say 'I do' and kiss her tenderly on the lips.

"Niall. Niall. Niall!" Zayn snags me from my daydream. "Get dressed, lad. Interview in 20!"

I scurry to take a shower and I get dressed in what ever clothes our dresser laid out for us. Lou did our makeup on the way and would touch up our hair and some makeup at the studio.

"Welcome back to Mornings with Molly and Matt!" The announcer said over the loud speaker. We were waiting for our cue. Rumours hadn't come up with the engagement yet so I hope nothing happens. I know Zayn and Perrie requested to have them not ask questions. Should I do the same?

"Hello! I'm Molly and this is Matt. And we would love for you to give a warm welcome to our first guests, all the way from the UK, One Direction!"

We were shoved on stage and girls erupted in screams. We hugged and shook hands with the hosts and sat on the stools.

"Welcome!" Matt says.

We thank them for having us. "Now, what's it like being on tour? Is it scary going to these foreign countries?"

Liam spoke up. "Yeah at first it was but we have been doing this for a little over four years so its exciting."

Molly nods. "Favourite place you've toured?"

Zayn said Japan. Harry said America. Louis said America and Liam said South America.

"What about you, Niall?"

I bit my lip. "We haven't really toured there specifically toured there. Indiana, here in the US."

The boys smiled and gave me a look as girls in the audience screamed.

Zany and I have that fiance mental click so we both fist bump.

"Why Indiana?" Molly lifted and eyebrow.

I blush. "Its where my girlfriend, Emily lives. Well, lived. She moved recently to California so I would have to say those two are my favorite places to tour or visit."

Matt spoke up. "So, who is single?"

Only Harry's hand went up.

"So, who is the lucky girl for each of you?"

"My lucky lady is Perrie Edwards, from Little Mix."

"I've got a wonderful college graduate from Manchester, in the UK, named Eleanor Calder."

"Mine is Emily Steiner, like I said."

"And I have a wonderful young women named Sophia Smith."

Molly started talking about Liam and his recent vacation and him giving Sophia a wedgie. The guys and I laughed.

Then they talked about Louis and his mums wedding and as requested, left the topic about marriage off of Zayn.

The rest of the interview was just goofing off and we performed You & I and during a commercial, Story of My Life.

•••

Back at the hotel, we had downtime to ourselves before lunch and before we had to go to the venue for tonights concert. 5 Seconds of Summer came over to our hotel rooms and we played FIFA and Call Of Duty.

I opted to chat with Emily. She didn't answer my text for ten minutes so I figured she was busy. I scrolled through twitter.

@nemilyupdates: Emily & friends and a indoor splash house today 8/9/14

@nemilyupdates: Niall Horan on Mornings with Molly and Matt 8/9/14

@nemilyupdates: new Nemily rumor: Nemily Marriage?!

@NiallOfficial: Shit.

@nemilyupdates: the fandom right now: pic.twitter/19384

The link was a photo uploaded of Emily. She was eating with her friends and paps got a good view of her left side.

Fans jumped to rumors and conclusions about the metal object on her left hand.

@NiallOfficial: just want some privacy right now.

@emilysteiner_: ditto @NiallOffical

Fuck.

That's all I can say.

Fuck.

••••••

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) shits going down next few chapters

- e.h.