60

Edited May 21, 2016

Niall pov.

I stood up. "Nice going, dickwad." I murmur to Liam.

I walked up to the front desk and asked for them to call a taxi. By the time the taxi appeared, our food had arrived and I had gotten mine and Emily's food to go. I said goodbye to my fellow band mates and pushed my way out the door to the taxi which was stalled out in the parking lot behind the crowd of people. I ignored everything they called out to me and quickly climbed into the taxi.

"Where ya going?" The taxi man asked, a cigarette hanging out from his mouth.

I told him the street address and he nodded, inching his way out of the packed parking lot.

The ride was quiet except for the radio playing Spanish music. I swear thought I could finally understand the fiftieth song by the time the taxi rolled up in front of the house. "How much?"

"20." The man said. I pulled twenty five out and handed it to the man, thanking him for the ride.

I unlocked the front door and found Emily curled up on the love seat eating ice cream with Nutella and peanut butter. "Is that a pickle? I asked, disgusted.

Emily nodded. Her face was red from crying or maybe it was because Marley and Me was on the tv. And the DVD for The Fault In Our Stars was out on the coffee table. "Cravings."

"I have your food." Emily set the food down and lunged over the couch, grabbing the bag. I laughed, following her to the kitchen as she pulled out her chopsticks and found her order. California roll.

Basic, but it's still sushi. I grabbed a pair of to go chopsticks and followed Emily out to the tv. She pressed play. "Marley just ran away and they are out finding him."

Having seen this movie a million times already and not wanting to cry, I pulled out my phone.

@NiallOfficial: sushi and Marley and Me.

"No!" Emily cried out. It was the scene at the vet when the guy was putting Marley down. Fresh tears ran down Emily's face. Hannah, sat attentive in front of the tv. The camera showed the vet insert the medicine to put the dog to sleep. The dogs eyes slowly blinked, opening up again. His eyelids became heavier and heavier as the medicine overcame the dog before the dog shut his eyes for the last time.

I would be lying if said I wasn't crying. Emily looked back at me, crying. I pulled my camera and took a selfie of us.

@NiallOfficial: Marley and Me - Emily and Me

By the time we finished watching The Fault In Our Stars, which we watched after the Titanic and The Notebook, we were in even more tears. I think there's a puddle forming underneath the couch. And I think it was that time of night Emily gets a little sleep deprived. "Unpopular opinion. Go!" I state.

If you haven't spent the last ten hours with us, you would've thought Emily was drunk. Don't worry, she hasn't had one sip of alcohol. I don't even know if there is any in the house.

Emily plopped onto the couch and grabbed a cookie from the box on the table. "I'm not saying I hate Fifth Harmony, but. If I was stranded on an island with them and sharks were constantly swimming around us, I'd push them in."

I couldn't help but burst out into laughter. Emily and Simon would make a great team. Simon knows best in the music industry while Emily knows best with what the teenage culture wants to hear. "Shall I just let you rant about Fifth Harmony?" I settle my laughter.

Emily shrugs. "If you want me to go into detail, yes."

"I'd rather not."

"Good."

The house became quiet. It was nice. Nice and relaxing. Nothing could ruin this moment.

-----

If you like 5H, oops.

- e.h.