54

Edited May 21, 2016

Niall pov.

The day Mum flew in, I took the day off so we could spend some time together. Just the three of us. As I left Emily at the flat to pick Mum up from the airport, Emily was making the bed for Mum.

"Niall!"

"Mum!"

We embraced for a while then I grabbed her suitcase and purse. "How was the flight?"

Mum yawned. "Longer than I thought. And having that two hour lay over in Illinois. I had to rush from one side to the other and was only able to get a granola bar and a water. And then the flight was delayed!"

"Emily will fix ya something to eat."

I put Mums luggage in the car and we climb in the front.

The ride was short and quick, happy that there wasn't much traffic.

"Home sweet-."

"NO I DON'T WANT TO LIVE WITH YOU!"

Shit. I set Mums luggage next to the door and hurry to find Emily. I found her sitting in the closet, on the phone, crying her eyes out.

The closet is her favourite place to cry. I don't know why. I move myself to sit behind her and pull her up onto my lap, Emily still on the phone.

"No. I will not move. I already have a place. I moved in with Niall after dad and I had a falling out."

She was quiet for a while till she broke down into hysterics. "He can't be! You're lying!"

I wrapped my arms around the crying girl and rock back and forth. Mum found us eventually. She stood there and watched us. Eventually, Emily hung up the phone.

"Niall!" She hurried her face into my shirt, crying even more.

"Shhh. It's okay. I got ya."

She shook her head. "Niall. He's gone. He's gone!"

Mum sat down next to us. "Emily. It'll be alright. Let's get you some water."

I nodded and lifted Emily easily since she still isn't that much pregnant. I carried her to the bed and Mum went to the kitchen and came back with a bottle of water and a box of tissues.

"Who's gone?" I ask, fearing the answer.

Emily let out a cough and blew her nose. "My d-dad. He - he was f-fou-found in h-his bedroom this mo-morning by the neighbors. Th-they were wor-ried about him after our f-fight and eventually broke in-into the house. He wasn't seen since the n-night he ca-came b-back. The night after o-our fight."

Holy shit. And Jane is the other parent who has legal right. "She's not going to take you away, I promise."

Emily drifted off to sleep and I ordered some pizza. "I guess you'll have to wait for dinner for a home cooked meal. Sorry, mum."

Mum shook her head. "It's okay. The poor girl needs rest."

Emily pov.

The funeral was set to happen in five days. And I had to write a eulogy. Shit. This see hard to write. Maura helped with some of the writing. She wrote when I couldn't stop shaking.

I never thought I would be able to do this. Jane wanted to stay with us but I refused so we set her up in a hotel.

I'm not leaving with her when she goes.

I found out that if I were to marry Niall, then I wouldn't have to leave and go live with Jane.

"I can't wait till you're Mrs. Niall Horan." His voice grows lustful.

"Niall. Now isn't a good time."

He nods and kisses my cheek.

"Now for the wedding, all we have to do is find a wedding dress, bridesmaids dresses, the bridesmaids, the groomsmen, the colours of the wedding, who we are inviting, where we are going to have the wedding, the reception after, the bouquet."

Niall places a finger on my running mouth. "Shh. Don't stress yourself. First, we'll work on simple things like the flowers and colours and cake and then work our way up the list. Okay?"

"Okay."

----

Oops. Slipped another overused TFIOS quote.

Fun fact: John Green lives like an hour and a half from my city.

Get. On. My. Level.

Lol. Hope you enjoyed this!!!!!

- e.h.