12

Edited May 15, 2016
Re-edited June 28, 2018

Emily POV.

"Happy birthday dear Emily! Happy birthday to you!" That was what I woke up this morning.

"Go away mom!" I grunt.

I heard laughing and then I felt someone sit on the bed. "Your mum is in America. And I'm pretty sure you don't want to call your boyfriend mum." An Irish accent says. "Get up! Because we are going out for breakfast!"

Movement and then silence tells me Niall left the room. I let myself sleep for twenty more minutes before dragging myself from my warm bed and over to my bathroom. Taking a quick shower, I have a chance to wake up and it hits me. I'm 18. After showering, I dry off and search my closet. Deciding on casual wear, I pull out jeans and a t shirt and my trusty converse.

I put my hair in a side braid and do my makeup. I unplug my iPhone from the charger and see my twitter and Instagram notifications going off like crazy.

'Happy birthday to @itsjustem I love you!' Niall tweeted.

'Just tell me when there will be cake!' Harry tweeted.

Louis and Zayn haven't tweeted yet and Liam sent a Happy Birthday tweet a few seconds ago. Fans bombarded me with birthday tweets as well.

'Thank you for the tweets Harry, Liam, and Niall! I may or may not tell you when cake is, Harold.' I snicker before putting my phone in my pocket and meeting Niall in the main room of my flat.

"Ready!" I announce dramatically.

Niall stands. "Finally! Ready for food? I was thinking IHOP!"

My mouth waters at the sound of pancakes. "Pancakes!" I grab my coat and pull it on before running out to Niall's car. He found me jumping up and down by the car.

"You're crazy!"

I smile. "I'm crazy crazy crazy till I see the sun!" I sing to the tune of Live While We're Young.

"You sure are crazy crazy crazy! But it doesn't end when you see the sun!" We banter back and forth about how crazy I am until I say that Niall should watch youtube videos of them on tour because they are a trillion times crazier than I am when they are on tour.

We arrived at IHOP and quickly got a booth in the back. "So what do you usually get here?" Niall asks, skimming the menu.

I point to the pancake page. "I always get the chocolate chip pancakes with the chocolate batter."

I could tell Niall was going to order it when I told him about the chocolate batter. "Hello! My name is Nick! Can I start you off with something to drink?"

"I'll have the chocolate milk!" I order happily.

"I'll have the same!"

Nick smiles. "Okay!" And he smiles at me one more time and leaves.

Niall POV.

That Nick guy was totally eye-flirting with Emily; if that's even a thing. She didn't seem to notice, though. I could see Nick returning to the kitchen to get the drinks. My phone buzzes when I receive a notice. 'IHOP with the bæ @NiallOffical!' Emily tweeted with a photo of me staring intently at the menu.

'Whats bæ?' I tweeted.

"Bæ stands for Before Anyone Else." Emily replies out loud.

"You and your hipster lingo!" I say in my old grandpa voice which put Emily in a fit of giggles.

"All righty! Here are your drinks! Do you know what you want to eat? Or do you need more time?" Emily calmed herself when Nick came back with our drinks. Once again, he flirted with Emily.

We gave him our order and we were soon alone. "So, what do you usually do for your birthday?"

"Nothing much, to be honest. I just go with the flow."

Nick returned with our food and slipped Emily a piece of paper. "If you ever wanna ditch him, call me?" My mouth dropped open as he walked away. He thought he whispered it quiet enough. Emily took the paper and opened it.

She pulled out her phone. "What are you doing?" I was close to tears.

Emily puts up a finger as she put it on speaker. "Hello?"

"Uh yes. This is the customer you just gave your number too."

"So you're ditching the fag?"

"No, I am not. He is not a fag. And you know what you can do next? You can go shove your horrible flirting skills up your arsehole. Oh wait! You don't have flirting skills so just keep your arse away from me because you are so out of my league!"

And she hung up. "Who knew you had so much sass!" I smile at the girl in front of me and start eating my pancakes.

--

Friday was my birthday! I turned 16!

🎉🎉🎉🎉

And I reached my birthday goal of 3k on Instagram! 🎉

- Emily

🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈