17

Edited May 15, 2016
Re-edited July 11, 2018

Emily POV.

I've been jet lagged the last couple days. I knew state finals were coming up this month so I had to get to school for band class. It was April Fools day and everyone at my school loved to play pranks. And I also knew I was going to be targeted due to my severe jetlag. I was on a plane since 6:30am yesterday, London time and spent basically all day traveling.

When I woke up this morning, I was out of it. Mom had to help me get dressed. She also suggested I should stay home and rest but I told her I had to go to school. So I ate what ever breakfast I could get into my mouth and grabbed all my stuff.

Mom dropped me off and the chilliness of the morning woke me up a little. I could walk straight but I look like I haven't slept in days. I was up all night, still use to London time.

I knew people were going to try and be all goody goody since I'm dating Niall Horan. The story we told everyone is that I'm a family friend and came to London to tour universities and Niall and I ran into each other and hit it off.

I reached my group of friends in the student centre and slumped to the floor, almost falling asleep. "Woah. You look exhausted." My friend, Valarie, says as she helps me up.

"I'm really jet lagged. Spent all day on a plane. Up all night. Still on London time." I blink a few times. My eyelids heavy.

"Hey! She's back!" Laura says as she and some of my other friends come running up.

"And very jet lagged!" I sat down only to have to immediately get up due to the bell ringing. "Fuuuuuuuuuuuck." I moan. I managed to get to my locker, put my stuff away, grab what I need, and get to English with a bout fifteen seconds to spare.

Ms. Spring walks into the class just as the bell rings and starts class. But I had no energy. Thankfully, she let me slide this time for sleeping in class.

In between classes was exactly what I expected. Girls I didn't know or hated were being all friendly and offering to help me to class. But I refused. "I may be jet lagged but I know what you're doing, I'm not stupid." I simply said and walked away.

Earth Science was the same. I slept for a little but managed to get some work done. And some work done, I mean by putting my name on a piece of paper and opening the cover of a book.

I should've just stayed home. Earth science went by quick and I returned to my locker to put all my stuff away since band class was next. I didn't make it. I was running late and the bell was about to ring and I tripped and instead of getting up, I kinda sorta fell asleep. A security guard had to help me to the nurses office and she called my mom and she came to pick me up.

"I suggested you should've stayed home." Mom says, helping me to my room.

"You know me, stubborn as ever." I smirk and roll over and fall asleep.

-

Niall POV.

We had the day off after Emily left so I stayed at home, surfing Twitter; until it was time to start shooting our new music video. I followed some update account and there were new tweets about Emily, which caught my attention.

@nemilyupdates 'Omfg! Emily goes to my school!' The account tweeted. Then there were a few tweets about Emily in school.

@nemilyupdates: Walked passed Emily's English room to find her passed out. She was sooooo jet lagged this morning!

@nemilyupdates: saw Emily at her locker after second hour. She started running to her third period class, tripped, and fell asleep. I think she went home now...

@nemilyupdates: yeah. Her mom was just helping her out the door. She went home. Hopefully she's ready for tomorrow.

I laugh. There was a photo of Emily passed out on the floor with one of the tweets. I retweeted it and added top the tweet.

@niallofficial: '@nemilyupdates: saw Emily at her locker after second hour. She started running to her third period class, tripped, and fell asleep. I think she went home now....' That's my girl!

@niallofficial: @itsjustem hope you get rid of that jet lag soon. Can't have you falling asleep in the middle of school anymore!

I was surprised to receive a tweet from her a few moments after.

@itsjustem: @niallofficial I just took a four hour nap and now I'm looking for food. I think I have jet lag under control haha.

@niallofficial: @itsjustem okay. I miss you. It's been quiet and the flat doesn't smell good because you're not cooking. And Harry wants a rematch on that cook off!

@itsjustem: @niallofficial I miss you more. And tell Harry that if he wants a rematch, he comes to me.

We tweeted back and forth till Paul showed up telling me we had our new music video to shoot now.

--

follow my IG: niallspopsicle

I started falling asleep while I wrote this!! Lol.

Btw, jet lag is NOT fun when you have Marching Band. But it's a plus because if you mess something up, you can blame it on jetlag ^.^

- Emily

🙊🙊🙊🙊🙊🙊🙊🙊🙊🙊