34

Edited May 17, 2016

Emily POV

Niall had to leave Saturday. Its now Monday and I'm getting ready to head to the university here in Indianapolis for this symposium I was given a two week scholarship to for concert band. I packed up my flute and piccolo and drumsticks into my backpack along with some pens and pencils and a couple of water bottles.

I grabbed my phone and headphones and met mom out in the car. I tied up my worn out converse and put my hair up into a ponytail.

"This thing is supposed to run late. I think I'll just live in campus for the next two weeks starting tomorrow. I'll talk to whoever is in charge to figure something out."

Mom nods and we stay silent for the rest of the ride.

The campus was filled with high schoolers from all over the country. We walked up to the registration and organised me to stay starting tomorrow as well. They handed me a binder along with my name tag and a little credit card thing to pay for food.

I head over to Sursa Hall where the first meeting will begin. I find my a couple kids from school and say hello. Lots of girls started following me around so I just gave up on trying to lose them. They got their photo and went on their way.

"Hey, I'm Drake." A boy with sandy blonde hair and blue eyes walks up.

I smile. "Emily."

Drake smiles. "You from around here?"

I nod. "Yeah. Here in Indy. What about you?"

"New York. What instrument?"

"Flute, piccolo, sax, piano, and drums."

"Damn. I play drums as well. What track are you?"

"Concert. You?"

"Same."

My phone started ringing. I excused myself and went around the building. It was Sandra. "Hello?"

"Emily. I've scheduled a flight to Australia for the boys concert this Friday and Saturday."

I sigh. "Sandra. I can't. I'm busy the next two weeks. I'm at a summer symposium till next week Sunday."

"Was I asking you if you wanted. Remember the contract. You have to do what we say or we'll terminate the contract."

"And I'm saying I'm busy so you need to cancel the damn flight and arrange it to another concert."

Sandra huffs. "Ms. Steiner. You signed the papers. And if you take a look at your twitter account, you can't wait for the concert this Friday or Saturday."

"Well I'm pretty Niall will understand that I've got my own obligations. I'm a busy person as well and I'm not your toy you can just pick up from one spot and place in another. I'm not going to the damn concert and that's it."

Sandra doesn't reply. She just hangs up. I shoot Niall a text. 'Sandra called. I'm sorry. Can't make it to the concert. I've gotten a scholarship to a symposium thing that I absolutely cannot miss. I love you!'

As everyone started heading in, Niall responded. 'That's OK. I understand. I heard you got snippy with Sandra.'

'Haha. Yeah. I gotta go, the symposium is starting. I love youuuuuu!'

'I love you! Bye!'

I turn off my phone and grab my backpack and file into Sursa Hall.

We waited for about half an hour. I talked to my neighbours who I forgot the name of already. Then a staff member walked out onto the stage.