15

Edited May 15, 2016
Re-edited July 11, 2018

Emily POV.

I got my hours switched at work so after lunch, Ed and Harry dropped me off at Starbucks and went their own way. Probably to some tattoo parlour.

I worked for almost three hours and got a lift from Steph, my co worker, to the school. I only had to wait for a couple minutes before the bell rang, releasing the students inside. I stood by the tree and waited for Zeke to exit.

I spotted him and called him over. "Hi! How was school?"

Zeke grumps. "Awful. As usual. My mum has to pick up medicine for my sister before she picks us up. My sister has the flu and she's isolated herself to her room to blog about that one boyband. She will be a couple minutes late."

"Which boyband?"

"One Direction." He says in a somewhat negative way.

Oh. Well then. He probably doesn't even know I'm dating Niall. Oh who am I kidding? We've been all over the tabloids lately! "Hey. Don't bash. They are really great singers!"

"You too?"

"Uh yea, me too. I'm dating one of them!"

"Yea. I know. My sister told me. When you two went public. But don't worry. I'm not going to try and ruin your relationship. You're not staying long, aren't you? You have a family back home. Don't ask me how I know that, okay? My sister stalks Niall. She's a Niall girl. And she always updates me on literally everything Niall does, even though I don't really care."

I smirk. "You're right about the family. I'm leaving in a month. Then I'll be back home in America. Boring America."

A car pulls up and Zeke gets up. "Mum's here." I grab my stuff and we head to the car that was stalling by the curb. "Hi mum. This is Emily. She's going to help me with some music for a bit."

Zeke's mum was like an older version of Zeke. Black hair and green eyes. "Hello, Emily! You can call me Mindy!" We pile our things in the trunk and then climb into the car.

Mindy is a fun mom. But she isn't one of those careless fun moms. She picked up some snacks for us and we sang to the radio while we made our way to Zeke's. They live in a nice house. Quite large. "Dad's a banker and Mum is an executive producer for some foreign company." Zeke explained when Mindy went to give Rachel, his sister, her medicine.

"My mom is a lawyer and my dad runs a coffee shoppe." I trace the patterns on the coasters. We sit in silence. "Where do you want to work on the music?"

Zeke shrugs. "Where ever you want. I guess." This is really awkward.

"Can I see what you're having trouble on?" Zeke produces his music and I give him some pointers and run through the music.

We were working for about an hour when we took a break and played with his ferret, Finn. "Zeke?" A croaky voice asks. "Who is this?"

"Rachel. Aren't you supposed to be asleep?"

"I came down from some soup. And why sleep when I can stalk Niall and Emily." Rachel responds.

I feel my cheeks heat up. Oh god. Now I'm being stalked. "Why are you stalking Emily? Last time I checked, she wasn't famous." Zeke says, noticing my blush.

"She is when she is dating Niall. And you still haven't answered my question. Who is this?"

I stand up. "Hi Rachel. My name is Emily." I hold out my hand. The girl in the fluffy pink bathrobe just stands there, horror on her face.

"Uh. Uh. I uh. Uhm. You. Oh. Ah. You're Emily. You date Niall. Gotta blast!" And she runs off into the kitchen.

Zeke is just smirking. "Nice. You shut up my sister faster than ever! And she never shuts up!"

I laughed. My phone beeps and it's a text from Niall. 'Text me your location. We gotta get ready for the Brits!'

My smile drops. 'I forgot about the awards tonight! I'll be out!' I turn to Zeke. "That was Niall. I have to get ready for the Brit awards. I'll see you later!"

He helps me gather my stuff and waits with me by he front door. "Bye, Emily. See ya." He says and saunters back into the house.

I wave to him when he turns around and I stare out the window as the car drives off.

I'm going to miss him when I return home.

--

This wrote itself. I swear over food it did.

Lol I found 14 dollars in my sock drawer this morning and now I need 14 - 16 more to dye my hair purple! I'm so excited!!!!! And it's going to be random. I'm going to leave school with blonde hair and return with purple. It's going to be awesome. And it's going to be the same as Perrie's purple hair bc I love Perrie!!!!

(2018 update for the authors note: I'm kicking myself in the ass for how obsessive this update about my hair sounds)

- Emily

😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍