37

Edited May 19, 2016

Emily POV.

*skip the road trip*

We pulled up into the driveway of our house. You could call it a beach house. I open the door and Hannah comes bolting out and searches for a place to pee. Then she looks for Sparky, our other dog that Jane kept.

I knelt down. "I'm sorry, Hannah. Sparky stayed with Jane." I look up at dad. "Can we get a new puppy? Pleeeease?"

My dad sighs. "Yea. Why not." I jump up and give him a hug. My dad hands me my key to the house and I open the door. We only brought clothes and electronics and stuff like that. And now I know why.

The house was equipped with furniture. And really nice furniture. Leather couches and a flat screen. A nice big kitchen I can bake in. Dad let's me choose my bedroom first so I chose a big one. A king sized bed with a huge walk in closet. A bathroom was connected to the room too.

My dad and I brought in boxes and settled down on the couch.

"Wow. For the two of us, we sure got that done in three hours!" Dad comments. He hands me a water bottle which I gladly take. Hannah jumps up and I push her off.

"We need to get covers. For the couches and chairs." I say and dad agrees.

Anna POV. (Next door neighbour)

"Anna! Come down please!"

I groan and pause Good Girl by Five Seconds of Summer.

"What, mom?"

"Come down here!"

I huff and head down to the kitchen. My mom was plating some food and wrapping it up. "We have some new neighbours. I want you to take these cookies and sandwiches to them."

I nod and go up and change from my pyjamas. I wanted to look nice. Maybe it was hot boy. I pull on shorts and my tumblr shirt that says 'if you don't ship Nemily, we're gonna have some problems' and vans.

I put my hair in a ponytail and head back downstairs. I grab the pate of food and head next door.

I knock and an older gentlemen answers. "Hi, I'm Phil. Come on in."

Wow. Friendly much? And he has the same name as Emily's dad. A black Labrador comes trotting up and sniffs me and leaves me alone. "Hi, I'm Anna. My mom told me to come over and give this to you."

I hand Phil the food and he takes me to the kitchen. And there, I find Emily.

Holy shit. Emily. I feel stupid for wearing this shirt. 'What if Nemily broke up? I'm so stupid?'

"Dad, we need food! All there is in here is nutella and water!"

"Emily, we have a guest. Our next door neighbour." Emily closes the fridge and smiles.

"Hi, I'm Emily."

She shook my hand!

"A-anna. Wow. Uh. Totally didn't expect this." I try cover up my shirt.

"I like your shirt." I blush a deep red.

"I love you!" I blurt out.

I turned on my heel and ran.

"MOM WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME NIALL HORANS GIRLFRIEND WAS NEXT DOOR??" I asked when I return.

"I didn't know she was there. Only the gentlemen came, said he was divorcing his wife and he and one other might he joining him. I figured it was a son."