Chapter Three: First Night In Redwood-Ville

The car engine stopped and I knew we finally made it to Redwood-Ville. I got out of the car and looked around. Quietness surrounded both my mother and I. All the thoughts of a fresh new start I had running through my mind were interrupted by my mom. "Jazmin get the bags that are inside the trunk please I need to open the front door". I grabbed the keys from the front seat where she had left them and walked to the back of the car. I tried opening it however I was so distracted I didn't notice I had jammed the car key inside the key-hole of the trunk. "Dammit now what!" I was so mad I hated that old car.

I guess it wasn't just the car but the memories that took place in it. Like the family trips back when everything was perfect. I stood behind the trunk staring at the front drivers seat. Imagining my father sitting there turning his head towards the back smiling while he passed me my favorite candy a bag of skittles. My mother would glance at me with a smile as she fixed her make up in the passengers seat. As I was lost in memory lane I heard a familiar voice say, "Remind me to never ask you to get something from the trunk of my car". I turned around and saw Jake with a smirk on his face. Feeling super excited I swung my arms around his neck and almost choked him to death as I heard him slightly gasp for air.

Jake- Whoa baby take it easy..You'll leave me breathless!

Jazmin- You breathless? Yeah that'll be the day..Should I remind you how much you talk mister..

He suddenly grabbed me from the waist and pulled me closer to him. While he leaned on the trunk of the car.

Jake- Should I remind you you're the reason I'm breathless most of the time?

Jazmin- How cheesy!....(Gosh those blue eyes of his looked so glossy underneath the moon light I wanted to kiss him so bad)

However my mother interrupted our romantic moment. Of course perfect timing right? "Oh I see you made it Jake" she said as I looked at her confused. "Oh honey I called him before we got here I thought this might make you happy". I smiled as Jake greeted my mom with a hug. "Thanks Ms. Smith I really appreciate you calling me to let me know". Jake was always respectful I guess that was one of the things that won my mom over. His politeness and well mannered conduct not to mention he always gave good criticism when it came to her cupcakes. "Please call me Rose..I'll give you both a couple of minutes alone..Oh and Jazmin don't make it long..I need your help inside". My mom looked over to me and gave me a smile of approval before walking inside the house.

Jake- You heard the boss lady only a couple of minutes..What to do huh?

He had a grin on his face that was very naughty but also hot. I knew exactly what he wanted to do. So I walked slowly towards a tree that was on the side of our house. I leaned on it and looked over to him. Giving him a seductive stare daring him to come to me. "I guess you'll have to find out". As he made his way to me. I felt my heart race faster. The same sensation I felt when I first saw him. I was feeling that jittery feeling all over again.

Jake- It's pretty dark over here for a pretty lady like yourself to be alone.

Jazmin- It's pretty cold too maybe you can warm me up? (I gave him a flirty smile)

He got closer to me and rested one hand on the tree. While with his other hand he slowly caressed my face.

Jake- Baby I want you to meet me tonight at the beach..

Jazmin- Are you crazy?

Jake- You won't get lost just follow those arrows.

He pointed at some red arrows that were tied to some street lights. I wondered why I didn't notice them before.

Jazmin- Jake..I don't-

Before I could finish the sentence he hushed me the only way he knew how. He kissed me so tenderly that it felt as if a cloud was touching my lips. He then hugged me tightly.

Jake- I got something I want to give you..I'll be waiting for you.

I impatiently waited for my mother to fall asleep so I could finally escape. Even though I was 17 years old my mom still treated me like a baby I guess that's a motherly thing. As soon as I heard her bedroom door close I waited a bit longer until I heard her snoring. I put my coat with a scarf on. I fixed my make up and brushed my long auburn hair. As I was walking outside I couldn't help but feel overjoyed and afraid at the same time. I excitedly kept wondering what Jake was planning on giving me. However I was a bit scared of walking alone to the beach. Even though it was only a street down from my house. I was beyond happy when I found out we were moving close to a beach. Considering the fact that my whole life I've been around the salty waters and the warm sand.

Once I made it to the beach I quickly texted Jake but got no answer back so I called him but it went straight to voicemail. I began to panic and wondered where he was and if something had happened to him. It wasn't like him to not be punctual. Especially if he had me meet him somewhere so late at night. I looked over to the water and saw the waves slowly reaching the shoreline and slowly rolling back to the ocean. The scenery was so mesmerizing that without thinking it thoroughly I took my coat and shoes off. Luckily for me I had a short wavy dress on. So I would be able to avoid getting my clothe completely wet. I walked in just enough to feel the water hit my knees.

I closed my eyes and felt the waves move me. As I raised my hands to the side of my waist I felt the water rush through my fingers. I was lost in my own little world of soothing peace. When suddenly I began to feel water splash onto my chest and neck. I opened my eyes and noticed the waves were sucking me into the ocean. I tried to walk backwards without panicking but it was useless I couldn't even feel the sand anymore. The wind picked up and the waves began to get stronger and more aggressive. I couldn't swim back to shore due to the coldness of the water.

I felt my body instantly going numbed. I yelled for help even when I knew I was all alone. The thought of Jake coming to my rescue ran through my mind. I felt so near death that it petrified me. Desperately seeking help I glanced back once more to the shore and did not see anyone. "Mom..Jake..I love you both" I said my final good-bye as a huge scary wave hit above me pulling me inside the water. I started visioning my father he was smiling at me while we were in our small fishing boat. I looked so happy and he did too. Suddenly the boat began to rock sideways knocking me into the water as he desperately shouted "WAKE UP!!". I didn't recognize this strange voice it wasn't my fathers nor Jakes. I opened my eyes.

 I opened my eyes