Chapter Thirty-Three: A Ghost From The Past

The following day Zane took me to a familiar place I never thought I'd go back too. "WELCOME TO JACKSONVILLE" the billboard read. Everything was still the same. People going about their business and cheerful as always. We drove passed a park we use to hangout almost every afternoon. There was a small pond we use to go swimming in on those very hot days. I was excited yet sad at the same time. I knew by going back to my old home town it would be like coming back home. Although the feeling was great and exciting it was all just a visit and I'd have to eventually go back to Redwood-Ville by the end of the day. We stopped by at our old high school to say hello to our favorite teachers.

After that pleasant visit that was full of laughter and silly memories. We went to our hangout spot where we use to laugh at stupid jokes and have such a great time with our old friends. We all had a fun time and laughed our asses off reminiscing old times. It was exciting seeing everyone in my loving Jacksonville town. Unfortunately the time flew by and it was evening now. We had to head back home so Zane and I said our goodbyes to everyone else. We both got inside the car and didn't say a word. The silence surrounding us felt awkward but also necessary. I missed being around such warm and cheerful people. I missed my old life when everything seemed to be perfect and much easier to handle. I had both of my parents together in my life a lovely relationship with Zane and cool amazing friends whom loved me and cared about me. If I could take all of it back I would. Even if it meant never meeting Jake nor James.

Zane- You're awfully quite there Jaz..

Jazmin- I'm just wondering ..

Zane- About?

Jazmin- Well....about everything..

Zane- Care to explain?

Jazmin- If maybe you had never left to the marines and my mom and I never moved...and.....and....My dad had never chosen to leave us......Where would we be now?..

Zane- Things would've definitely been different I can tell you that much but things happen for a reason Jazmin..

Jazmin- (At least he has it figured out..While my heart is being torn apart)...Yeah...You're right.

Zane- I got one more stop to make..Is that okay with you?

Jazmin- Um...Yes it is...Where too?

Zane- You'll see..

Jazmin- (I know that smile..He is about to surprise me)..Should I be concerned?

Zane- Haha...For once just don't ask questions woman..

Jazmin- *Sighs....Fine.

He drove into a one lane road. I looked around to all the trees surrounding small beautiful houses. The smell of fresh pine trees was always so satisfying. I laid my head back on my seat as I enjoyed the wonderful sunset ahead of us. My eyes slowly closed as the cool wind brushed my face and hair. The ray of sunlight covered my chest giving me warmth. I suddenly felt the car stopped and I opened my eyes. Ahead of us was a small brown house with a red car parked outside of it. The dark green grass was nicely cut and watered. There was a picture poster posted outside the garage with a punching bag drawn on it. Instructions with a phone number attached to it were also on the poster. I turn to look at Zane who was already looking at me with curiosity.

Jazmin- Sooo....Are we taking a class on boxing?

Zane- Haha...I'm not..but you are..