Chapter Thirty-Two: An Old Friend

I woke up the following morning to find myself dressed with the same outfit I had the night before. My hair and face were a mess and I felt like puking a full night worth of liquor. I immediately jumped in the shower and then changed into something comfortable. I felt like I had a hundred construction mini workers hammering my head from inside. Just as I was about to lay back down I overheard my mother talking with someone downstairs. Still looking awfully pale I decided to make my way towards the living room. I suddenly stopped myself as soon as I saw who she was talking too. Just a few steps away from me I saw Zane sitting down on our couch. I tried not to make any sudden movements that would have them turn to my direction.

So I quietly stood still as I heard my mom ask him about his grandmother. I couldn't believe Zane was inside my house. Everything that happened last night started to resurface in my mind. I felt disgusted with myself and also ashamed we had to meet each other under those circumstances. He saved me from getting raped and who knows maybe even killed. I was still traumatized about the whole situation. Just by thinking about it made me sick to my stomach. As I was trying to focus on their conversation my phone fell from my hand.

Rose- Jazmin?

Shoot! I definitely didn't want him seeing me dressed in pjs especially in the middle of the darn day.

Rose- Honey come over here stop being shy..

Jazmin- (Ugh! I can't believe she said that out-loud!)...Mom I'm not being shy..I just..Have to go shower...

Rose- I can smell your coconut shampoo all the way over here Jazmin..

Jazmin- But Mom-

Rose- Stop the nonsense and come say hello..You should be grateful Zane is here..It's because of him you're not in trouble..He explained everything to me.

Jazmin- He did?..

I poked my head out from the corner of the hall and noticed they had seen me. So since my cover was blown I decided to walk towards them.

Zane- Yeah..I told your mom I was in town visiting and we had bumped into each other earlier on the day..I told her I invited you out to eat so we could catch up..

Nice! He was covering for me!

Rose- He also told me about that dirty scumbag that tried to take advantage of you while you used the ladies restroom...We have to go the police Jazmin.

Ugh..He had to spill that detail though? It was bad enough to remember it let alone hear about it out-loud.

Zane- With all due respect Ms. Rose I already handled the situation..He won't be bugging any female again.

Jazmin- Um yeah mom Zane took care of it...(Nearly killed the perv actually)

Rose- Alright honey as long as you are okay now...

Jazmin- I am mom..

Rose- By the way Jaz I have to go to the bakery shop...Will you be okay staying alone?

Zane- Actually I came by to invite Jazmin to the park..I haven't really gotten to know much of this town but on my way here I noticed a park nearby that seems to be really active in sports..

Rose- Oh..Well would you like to go Jazmin?

Jazmin- Um...Yeah...I just need to get dressed..

Rose- I'll trust that you will keep her safe?

Zane- Of course Ms. Rose ...Always have.