Chapter Thirty-Four: Secrets (Pt.1)

Those couple of minutes I spend with James were all I needed to be certain I still loved him and needed him as much as he probably needed me. Unfortunately we were interrupted by Becca who was wearing a sexy bikini. It was obvious they were in the beach together. It didn't take long enough for me to feel like the third wheel. I walked away from them before she started with her unwanted comments. Last thing I needed was another confrontation and with her of all people. I noticed James wanting to come after me but his pride and dignity stopped him. Not to mention Becca's slutty self grabbing onto his arm to secure he wouldn't chase after me. Once I got home I went over to my room and laid down. I kept replaying the scene between my Father and I. Could it had gone any different? Will I be able to keep this away from my mom?..Do I really not want to see him again? Those were all questions that boggled my mind and left me feeling unrested for the entire night.

The following morning I woke up with a slight headache due to the lack of sleep. I wasn't able to get much rest at all. All the overthinking and tossing and turning made it difficult to sleep well. "Jazmin...Honey?" The sound of my Mom's voice coming from outside my bedroom door startled me. "Come in" I said as I quickly sat on my bed and tried to act normal.

Rose- We need to talk..

Jazmin- Mom whatever it is can't it wait till later?...I'm tired and there's no school today so I just want to go back to sleep..

Rose- It's about your dad..

"You know??" I asked in shock while she shot me a confused stare.

Rose- Know what?

Jazmin- (Oh great!..She doesn't know)...Um nothing..What were you saying?

Rose- Why did you ask me if I knew??..What am I suppose to know Jaz?

Jazmin- I don't know mom....I just woke up okay...

Rose- Why aren't you surprised I mentioned your Father?..

Jazmin- Because...(Think!..Think!)...Because I was dreaming of him...Ugh mom get to the point...What is it??

Rose- Well someone woke up cranky...I guess this really isn't the best time to-

Jazmin- Mom what is it?

Rose- First of all...I need you to calm down..

Jazmin- What?...I am calm?

Rose- Are you sure?

Jazmin- Mom....What is it??

Rose- John is downstairs...He just swung by to-

Jazmin- WHAT!?...HOW DARE HE!!!...

Rose- Jazmin Wait!!!

I quickly ran downstairs and surely enough I found him nervously walking back and forth in our living room.

John- ...Jazmin Good Morning..I..

Jazmin- NO STOP!...I don't want to hear anything you got to say I already gave you that chance... LEAVE NOW!

Rose- What is going on here?....You mean you both had already seen each other?

John- I can explain Rose..

Rose- NO JOHN!...This was not what we agreed on!..You promised to stay away from her till I spoke with her first!...You lied!

Jazmin- Wait what!?...You have been seeing this man behind my back mom!!

I couldn't believe it! After feeling guilty and uncertain all night debating on whether I should tell her I had spoken to him or not. There she was lying to me for who knows how long. I felt completely betrayed by both of them. Though I had to admit my Mother's lie stung a lot more. However it explained all the sneaking around she had been doing behind my back. She had not seemed herself for weeks. Now I knew why.