Chapter Twenty: Mending A Shattered Heart

(JAKE'S P.O.V)

I drove off to my house after I left Jazmin. My heart was shattering for the only girl I've ever loved. To just think about her leaving me for a lame punk like James filled me up with rage and disgust. She deserved better even if that person wasn't me. I had a gut feeling Jazmin would eventually lose herself along the way by his side. She had made her decision but that didn't mean I was going to give up on her. I won't let him hurt her and I certainly won't let her go that easily. I have to protect her and the only way I'll be able to do that is by staying close to her, even if it meant I'd end up friend-zoned.

Aria- You're finally home..*Grins

Jake- I'm not in the mood Aria..

Aria- Well I am! So did you go see that poor girl again?

Jake- She's not poor and I've told you so many times before it's none of your business..

Aria- It is when our family's fortune is at risk!

Jake- She's not like that..

Aria- How do you know she's not like that if you haven't even told her the truth!

Jake- I will someday...Just not right now.

Aria- Sure..maybe you're just scared that she'll turn out to be a gold digging whore!

Jake- ENOUGH ARIA!...I won't argue with you about my personal life alright!...Do me a favor and get one yourself maybe that way you'll leave mine alone..(I decided to just ignore her and walked away instead before I really lost my cool)

Aria- She'll eventually find out Jake!!!!!

Catalina- Sweetie was that Jake?

Aria- Yes mom..*Rolls eyes

Catalina- Now why were you both arguing?

Aria- Because he went to go see that poor filthy girl again! I'm telling you mom she'll eventually find out about us and when she does she'll try to marry him and steal everything that belongs to us!

Catalina- Aria...Go outside..

Aria- What!?

Catalina- You need to take a deep breath out in the fresh air...

Aria- But Mom!

Catalina- Aria I won't repeat myself again.

Aria- Ugh!!! *Storms Outside

Catalina- (Hmm it's time I put an end to this joke of a relationship)

*Door Knock*

Jake- Aria get out!

Catalina- It's me Dear..May I come in?

Jake- Oh...I guess you can..

Catalina- When will you learn to start calling me mom honey..