Chapter Forty-Eight: The Decision

I stood outside my house in the cold air, hugging myself from the chilly breeze. I looked over to one of the windows in peaceful relieve. I found my mother and father both safe and eating in our kitchen table. I didn't know what funny jokes my dad had been telling my mom. The huge smile that formed in her face was priceless. Although there were times where she would stare off blankly to her plate while playing with her food. My father would stare at her with heartache and a broken smile would form in his face. As if he too was trying hard to have a good time. They were both miserable even though they tried to hide it. I felt awful clearly knowing it was all because of me.

They must've been worried sick not knowing anything about my whereabouts. I should've called them once at least to let them know I was safe. Every time I was with James I would eventually forget everything and everyone. It was like just him and I existed and no one else mattered. Which is why that only made me feel terrible inside. My parents didn't deserve the agonizing pain I was causing them..neither did Jake. I was glad to find out my parents were okay so before going inside to talk to them. I drove over to see Jake. I needed to clear things out with him. It was something I had to do no matter how much it hurt me to do so. I had to stop being selfish and think about the rest. It was time I made things right and I was going to start with Jake.

(MEANWHILE AT KINGSLEY RESIDENCE)

Richard- WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU STILL HAVEN'T FOUND HIM!

Officer Thomas- Sir. We are doing everything we can..But it seems as if he has vanished..

Richard- Your neck is on the line here! Do you not cherish your life!?

Officer Thomas- I do Sir..I apologize I'll have every patrol on duty until we find him.

*Phone Rings

Richard- What is it Franco!!

Franco- Boss I found the kid..

Richard- Where is he!?

Franco- He is at a hospital over at Fender Town..He was brought there couple hours ago.

Richard- I want him here now!

Franco- But boss...There's something you should know..

Richard- WHAT!

Franco- The kid got shot..According to the information my informative from the inside got me..It seems as if someone tried to aim for his chest but missed and only grazed him..

Richard- Find out who shot him. Wipe out his entire family and bring HIM to me. I'll make sure he wishes he was dead instead.

Franco- Boss unfortunately I found out he was shot..his body was laying near a river..I got rid of the evidence but there is something else..

Richard- Now What!?

Franco- It's Tony...Word on the street he hired a couple of gang members to follow James that day and gave orders to kill him..Most of them backed down knowing who James worked for..They were afraid to cross you..Except for the one I found dead by the river.

Richard- Take care of this mess. Regarding Tony you already know what to do.

Franco- Of course Boss..What do you want me to do with the boy?

Richard- Nothing yet.

Franco- Okay..By the way the girl was with him also..