Chapter Sixty-Four: The Choice

As I made my way inside the house I noticed my dad sleeping next to Aquamarine who also slept peacefully. A warm smile formed on my face just by simply seeing that sweet side of my dad. Just the thought of having to break my parents heart by taking her away for a couple of days sadden me. Unfortunately it was something I had to do. I couldn't risk James finding out about Aquamarine. I had to leave with her and hide until he had given up on that absurd idea of taking me away with him.

So much had passed throughout the time he was gone that I didn't want to go back to the old times. Where he would mess with my mind and heart. The multiple times I hated him and loved him all over again. I was a Mother now and I couldn't play silly games anymore. I had found myself in a stable happy relationship with Miles. Even though we weren't in a good spot at the moment I knew he still cared for us. He was a guy who was willing to sacrifice his single life to become a father figure to Aqua and an extraordinary partner to me.

I couldn't gamble such a bright future with him for something so messy and confusing like James. I had already done that mistake once by leaving Jake. James never knew what he wanted till he lost me. Now he had come back like nothing had happened and wanting to pick up where we had left off. It was too late and I wasn't willing to go through that wild rollercoaster he had me on. It was time I closed the chapter with him for good. So by choosing to disappear with Jake's help I was sending James a message. One where it would be clear I no longer wanted him to be a part of my life.

I was just hoping he would move on easy and not make it too difficult for me. I was worried deep inside I would fall for him all over again. I was afraid that what we had long ago was still alive somewhere deep inside me. A fear of the unknown. Once I was done packing a bag with only the necessary things for Aquamarine. I got a text from Jake—"I'm parked in the back..Don't worry he didn't see me..Try to Hurry" I quickly took Aqua in my arms carefully trying not to wake my father.

I wouldn't be able to handle an explanation that would break his heart. I had to sneak away in silence. Only that way I would be able to disappear without raising suspicion. I was glad I could count on Jake. He was going behind his own brothers back to be able to help me. Even though they didn't have that brother bond connection. I was sure James would go crazy if he found out. I felt bad for involving Jake in this whole mess but he was the only one that was able to help in such a short given time.

As I walked out through the backyard of my house I spotted Jake's car. He quickly got out to help me with Aquamarine. He had a baby seat already set in the back. I smiled to the thoughtful gesture. He must've grabbed that seat from his own unborn child I thought as I sat in the passengers seat next to him. We took a discreet way out where we wouldn't bump into James. A sigh of relief left my mouth as we passed by a huge sign that read "YOU ARE NOW LEAVING REDWOOD-VILLE". I looked over to Jake who was smiling back at me with comfort. A cute giggle came out from Aquamarine who was playing with a toy Jake gave her.

Jake- She seems to enjoy the late car ride..

Jazmin- Yeah she does..She loves when I take her to the beach..For some odd reason she's fanatic of the water..Every time I shower her she gets excited. You know it's not very common for babies or kids to get overly excited to bathe. Some get scared to go in the water..

Jake- She's a little mermaid..Her name is self explanatory..

The fascinating way Aquamarine behaves at the beach is almost as if she is drawn to the place where I first met her daddy..Almost as if she knew.

Jake- You sure about this?

Jazmin- ....About?

Jake- What you are doing..