Chapter Twenty-Seven: A Vivid Nightmare

I suddenly woke up while trying hard to catch my breath. I couldn't believe the nightmare I had dreamt. It felt so vivid that I couldn't stop the tears that were flowing down my face. My heart was aching to the idea of ever forgetting James or being apart from his side at all. I loved him with everything in me. I was so afraid of losing him and what we had going on that the thought of the kiss Jake and I shared crossed my mind.

How could I tell him the truth? James rage knew no limit and I was afraid he would do something against Jake. There was obviously the possibility that he would want to end things with me. I couldn't risk it though I knew the right thing to do was to confess. No matter the consequence. I stood up and walked near my bedroom window trying to see if I could get a glimpse of James. However all the lights in his house were off. It seemed like nobody was home.

Not being able to take it anymore I quickly changed and put my shoes on. I was determined to end this guilt and worry once and for all. Maybe that was exactly what was triggering these constant nightmares. I had to talk to James and just simply hope for the best outcome..Though I saw none. As I opened the front door of my house I saw Jake leaning on his car outside my front yard.

Jazmin- Jake What are you doing here?

Jake- I was going to knock..but ..

Suddenly we heard a loud screech of tires coming from the end of the street. We both turned to see a car that was being driven at an incredible high-speed. Instantly an arm stretched out of the window of the car and pointed a gun towards me. I froze in shock. The terror took over my body and I couldn't act rapidly. I saw Jake run quickly launching himself at me just as the loud blaring gun shots echoed in the entire neighborhood. He used his body as a shield in order to protect mine. The car drove off in a hurry. I felt Jakes body slowly fall as I dropped onto the ground holding him in my arms. There was blood in my hands as I tried to look for the spot where he had gotten shot. Unfortunately the left backside of his shoulder was covered in blood. Panting and panicking I yelled for help as his eyes slowly began to close.

Jazmin- No no no!!!!...Jake!!! Please stay awake!!

"Jaz..min...I...I...Love..You.." He managed to say before closing his eyes. His pulse had gotten weaker and his heart was beating a lot slower. I felt my heart sink to the pit of my stomach the instant I watched Jake turn completely pale.

Jazmin- SOMEONE HELP!!!!!!!!..PLEASE ANYONE!!!!....*Teary Voice....Jake please open your eyes!! Please don't leave me!! You can't die!!

James- (I came out of my house after the loud bang that sounded like a firework woke me up)....What the fuck was that sound??..

Jazmin- JAMES PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

James- (I saw Jazmin kneeing on the floor while her shirt was covered in blood as she held someone in her arms)...Jazmin are you okay!?

Jazmin- I'm fine James! Call an ambulance HURRY!! Jake got shot!!

James- Oh shit...He's losing a lot of blood...We can't wait Jazmin..If we do he could die...Get him inside his car! I'll drive!

We finally arrived at the hospital. Meanwhile James rushed inside to get someone to help us get Jake out of the car. I turned to look at Jake who laid in my arms unconscious. "Please..I beg you..Open your eyes...You can't die on me Jake..I still need you..Please.....Don't leave me". Just then a couple of nurses rushed with a bed towards the car. They wheeled in Jake as a Doctor rushed inside the E.R with them. I wanted to follow but I knew they wouldn't let me in so instead we stayed in the waiting room.