Chapter Sixty: Calling It Quits?

The following morning I got up to a call. It was Jake wanting to hangout. We decided to meet up at a local cafe shop. First I took a warm shower then I got ready in casual clothing. I also dolled up Aquamarine extra nice. It was the first time she was going to meet her uncle. I was beyond excited even though Jake wouldn't know she was his niece. I couldn't bring myself to trust him with such a delicate secret. After the encounter I had with James I wasn't sure if he might've still been around. I was curious of his sudden appearance at the party. I was never expecting to bump into him nevertheless to feel those lips again. I was truly confused about what I was feeling.

Truth is kissing James again after so long of not feeling him so close only made me feel confused. I felt like I was back to the start missing him and wishing he was near. Just when I was finally accepting to move on with Miles he suddenly shows up and ruins everything. I couldn't stop myself from feeling the way I did. I kept replaying that kiss we both shared over and over in my head. I also stayed up all night thinking about what that note had said. 'To an unforgettable night..Until next time Tiger' what did that mean? Could it had been possible he was planning to return? Just the thought scared me. I didn't want to hurt Miles of all people. He didn't deserve any of it.

I wasn't going to repeat the mistake I had made long ago with Jake. I wasn't going to hurt Miles that way but how could I really be sure about that when every time I was close to James I would end up losing my head. I didn't think straight and all my morals and dignity would fall straight to the floor. I wanted that night to repeat itself to have him close to me again. To feel his lips against mine as his touch ignited every nerve inside my body. No matter how long it had been. When James returned it was as if nothing else mattered. When I was with him it felt as if time had never passed by. I always became a wreck every time I was near him.

(CAFE INN)

Jake- Hey Jazmin I thought you weren't going to come..

Jazmin- I'm sorry I took long..I just had to get this little princess ready also..

Jake- (My eyes were instantly drawn to Aquamarine..Her stunning blue eyes were amazingly familiar)...Wow..She..

I had hesitated on bringing Marine with me. I was afraid of Jake recognizing any similarities between her and James or even him for that matter. After all they were related.

Jazmin- She's a cutie ain't she..

Jake- *Smiles...More than that...May I?

Jazmin- Of course go ahead and carry her..

Jake- (Once I had her in my arms my heart felt connected with hers almost instantly..For some odd reason I felt as if she was somehow related to me..Not mine precisely but there was something about her..When I looked into her beautiful innocent eyes I noticed a special spark almost like the one my mother had..)

Jazmin- Um Jake are you okay?..

Jake- Uh..Yeah I am..Why?

Jazmin- Well you got quite as soon as you carried her..

Jake- *Chuckles...I don't know how to explain this but...I feel like I'm looking at myself in her..She's like my mirror...Or could even be...

Jazmin- She's Miles daughter Jake...

Jake- Right..I apologize I didn't mean to offend you..

Jazmin- It's fine..Do you need me to carry her?

Jake- If it's fine with you I rather keep her in my arms for a little while longer..(After all she's the closest I can get to you)