Chapter Thirty-Six: The Offer

On the following morning I did my best to try and avoid my mother. Luckily for me she had gone to her bakery shop and wouldn't be home until later at night. I couldn't face her after the way I disrespected her. All the mixed feelings I bottled inside me for so long just bursted out of me that night. I wasn't planning on going through a bad break-up and also dealing with the sudden return of my dad all at once. It was all too much to handle. With no school due to a holiday I got dressed to meet up with Amy at a coffee shop nearby. I needed all the distraction I could possibly get. Staying inside my room constantly looking out my window towards James house wasn't going to help me out at all.

As I was heading out I noticed Ms. Emma locking her front door in a hurry. I waved hello to her and noticed her puffy red eyes when she turned to wave back with hardly a smile on her face. I immediately worried wondering if it could be related to James. So I walked over to her while she got inside her car.

Jazmin- Hey Ms. Emma..

Emma- Hello Jazmin..

Jazmin- Um how are you doing?

Emma- I'm in a bit of a hurry Hun.

Jazmin- Okay have a good day..

Emma- You too.

Jazmin- Wait Ms. Emma!

Emma- Yes?

Jazmin- Um..I haven't seen James these past days..I was wondering if he was okay?

Emma- He is...I gotta go now sweety. See you.

I moved to the side as she drove off in a hurry. There was something definitely off. I had a bad feeling.
.

.
(REDWOOD-VILLE FACILITY)

Security- You have a visitor.

James- I don't give a shit

Security- Watch your mouth boy!

James- ...Or What tough guy!!?

Richard- You are hanging on thin thread young man.

James- Who the fuck are you?

Richard- When you talk to me you address me as Mr. Kingsley or Sir. You do not disrespect me or use fowl language around me. Are we clear?

James- Haha is this guy foreal?...Who the fuck do you think you are?...Get the fuck outta here with your high class bullshit.

Richard- I've dealt with young foolish punks like yourself. Who think by running their mouth makes them tough. You want to know what makes a real man tough?

James- ...Please enlighten me

Richard- Power.

James- Listen I don't have shit to pay you for your services alright?..I don't need no damn lawyer..Let the system fuck me over..I don't give a shit..

Richard- You have attitude and ambition kid. The kind that can take you far.

James- I didn't ask for your opinion about me..So save it.

He stared me down as if he was deeply thinking something. I didn't know who the fuck this guy was and I didn't care. I was broke and in deep shit. I had lost all the drugs I was suppose to sell. When the dude that supplies me finds out, Ima be good as dead. Shit I'm better of locked up then free out there in the streets.