Chapter Nine: A New Vibe

I had barely made it to school on time or so I thought. I was confused to find my class empty and no sign of where they all could've gone. So I decided to go into the administrative office and find out. Last thing I wanted was Mr. Jackson to yell at me for arriving late when I had actually made it just a minute before the bell rang. A nice lady working there was able to help me out. Except she couldn't leave the office unattended. So she had a guy that was also there direct me to where my class was. He was really attractive he had a low fade, hazel eyes, light skin and adorable dimples. I took notice as he gave me a half shy smile. He was also quite tall with an athletic body type. He began to walk by my side without saying a single word. I had to break the ice somehow I was feeling uncomfortable.

"Thank you for going out of your way to walk me to the gym" I gave him a sweet smile. "Sure you are welcome I was actually heading there myself" he gave me a smile back showing off his dimples. While I was looking at him I didn't notice that ahead of me was an open locker. Of course I walk right into it and hit my head once AGAIN. "Oh shit are you okay?" he asked while he gently rubbed my head where I felt a huge bump. Without answering him right away, I leaned back on the locker that my head roughly closed. While looking at his face expression that was full of concern I replied softly "Your hands are really soft".

Just as I said that I instantly looked down as I felt my face getting warm. I was probably redder than a tomato. I couldn't believe I said that out loud! He took his hands off me and gave me a shy smile, while he brushed his hand down his head towards his neck. "You're new here aren't you?"..he asked..(Geez I wonder what gave that away).."Um yeah I am.." I said nervously. I don't know why I was acting like such a child but he was really attractive and was super sweet but also had a bad boy look. He wasn't easy to figure out. "How do you like the school so far?" he asked with a hopeful expression on his face as if hoping I would say I was loving it. I was about to answer him when a teacher came out of a classroom holding two big flower pots struggling not to drop them. "Hey Ms. Lee you need help?" he walked right to her and without waiting for her answer he carried both pots on his own. (Can this guy get any sweeter?..) I thought to myself while walking towards him.

We walked to a garden that was located in the back of the school. The teacher seemed really grateful for his help. So she promised to give us both passes to excuse our absence in the class we were headed too. There was about twenty-five minutes left for the class to end. So she asked us for help around the garden planting seeds and watering flower pots. We gladly agreed and stayed to help her with her garden. Anything to avoid spending a class period with the annoying ass of Lina and the arrogant asshole of James. She handed me several seeds to plant and she gave him a water-hose to wash off the dirt from some flower pots.

I noticed he began to let loose a bit and jokingly sprayed some water towards Ms. Lee which she seemed not to mind. (How can such an attractive guy like him have such a fun attitude and be shy as well). I thought to myself as I looked at him while he was singing along to 'Blue Moon'. A song that was playing on the radio Ms. Lee had placed outside for us. He looked over to me and suddenly stopped singing he got a bit red and quickly looked down. I felt bad for making him feel uncomfortable so I got up and started to slowly twirl around pretending to dance with someone.

It wasn't my cup of tea meaning it wasn't my type of music but I wasn't going to make him feel like a joke. If there was someone that had embarrassing moments since the first day of school it was me. He began to laugh and showed off those adorable dimples of his again. He then walked towards me and began to copy my dance moves. I grabbed his hand and he grabbed my waist. He started to twirl me around as I giggled and he smiled then I let go of his hand. I bend backwards as I felt his grip get tighter on my waist afraid of dropping me. I felt the air brush through my long auburn hair as he continued to twirl me.